Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer Fun & the Double Date

 A few weeks ago Katie invited us to go swimming at her brother's house.
I'm not much for public pools, so I figured it was the perfect way for the kids to get
some swimming in, without me being grossed out.
Although Sam was terrified of the big pool, we had a lot of fun! 
Do you like that Mateo is playing with Barbies? :)
 My niece, Seanna
 For some reason, Sam can never have a "normal" face when I take his picture
 Ben wasn't a big fan of the baby floatie, so he ended up playing in a small pool.
It took me FOREVER to get this one picture of him!
 Baby Emma :)
 The boys spent the summer playing.
All.Day.Long.
It was so cute to listen to their conversations.
They played a lot of Legos, especially Lego Ninjago.
I'm afraid Mateo will be lost once Sam starts school!
 Ben normally has to play alongside them too.
He's always trying to keep up!

On Monday, my friend, Kristy, and I were talking about how we haven't
done all of the fun things we had planned on for the summer.
She told me she was taking her kids to 2 Buck Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point the next day.
I promptly invited myself to join them.
Because I'm a brat like that. :)
Luckily Kristy wasn't too mad about it. 
When we first started in the Children's Garden, we walked through a little cave,
I noticed one spot covered in bird droppings, and I looked up to see a little nest
with these 4 little baby birds in it!
They were so cute!
They were all crammed in there, so it looked like they were stuck together.

 I love that Mateo will pose for me :)

 Sam and Ainsley held hands almost every time we were walking to another area.
It was so cute!
At one point, Sam came up to me and said:
"Mommy, I'm going to marry Ainsley."
I said, "Oh, you are? How do you know that?"
Sam: "Because she told me we were going to get married."

Sam ran away to play, and I couldn't stop laughing.
I told Kristy what he said, and she started laughing too.
At one point, the older kids were all holding hands,
and Kristy joked that she felt like we were chaperoning a double date.
She's funny :)



 Since Sam and Ainsley were holding hands, 
Mateo decided he and Sadie should hold hands too.
Sadie resisted at first, but I guess decided it would be ok. :)
I tried numerous times to snap a picture, 
but this kid kept getting in my way!
It's still cute, even if some random kid's head is in there too. 






We had a lot of fun! 
Thanks for letting us tag along, Kristy! :)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'm glad Sam is so willing to let Ainsley boss him around. Sadie plans to marry Mateo so watch out! We had a fun day and I'm glad little friends holding hands doesn't bother you either. :)