Saturday, February 2, 2013

Little Bits of Happy

Can I tell you how happy I am that February is here? 
So.Very.Happy.
Like, heart ready to burst, happy.
January was AWFUL.
We had terrible, record-setting, freezing cold.
Not to mention, a nasty inversion.
It was DE-Pressing.
And now, we're in a new month. One that is closer to spring. 
One that for whatever reason, I have always loved.
I'm not entirely sure why, but ever since I was little,
I've loved February.
I don't really think it's because of Valentine's day,
because I don't really love mushy gushy stuff.
It's just not my style.
I remember loving that we always studied about 
Washington and Lincoln because of President's Day,
but I don't think that's why I love February either.
My guess, is that February brings hope.
Hope of no more stupid snow and freezing cold.
Hope of chirping birds and green chutes in the garden.
Hope of NO MORE WINTER!
And luckily, the groundhog didn't see his shadow today, 
and he better be right about an early spring!

On to more happy things:

 This silly little boy makes me happy.
Sam received a Fix-It Felix belt from Mateo for Christmas,
and Ben will bring it to us so we can strap it on him.
It's just way too cute.
 And then there's Sam, with his silly faces, crazy stories, and funny dances.
Not to mention the fact that many little girls in his class adore him.
Some examples:
One girl in particular, chases him around at recess calling him her "baby."
He told me yesterday that she's teaching him Spanish, and everyday I take Sam to school,
she leaves her place in line to stand by him.
Emptying his backpack one night, I found a phone number written on a piece of paper.
When I asked Sam about it, he told me it belonged to a girl in his class.
A couple days ago, two girls were fighting over who got to stand by him,
and one girl took her hand and gently touched Sam's cheek.
Maybe I should be worried, but he has no idea what is going on,
and it's kind of adorable.
I just hope he stays oblivious for a very long time.

Manuel had built a little "zoo" cage for the boys to put their stuffed animals in, 
and thought it would be funny to put the boys in there first.
I think he may be on to something.
We should have a "time-out cage" 
 And this boy, with his super hero awesomeness, sweet words, and never-ending energy.
He had to go into the cage too, and definitely looks like he belongs in there!
 Oh, and we can't forget the heart-melting smile.
We're in trouble when he gets older.

 For some reason, Mateo likes to bring his mattress into the family room.
It drives me insane, but no amount of threats or time-out will get him to stop.
One day he decided it would be a good idea to put the mattress on top of the rocking chair,
then sit on top of it and play the Kindle.
*sigh*
I'm sure taking a picture just encouraged the behavior,
but sometimes, you just have to pick your battles.
 For the MLK weekend, Sam had everything planned out.
He wanted to do a Mario craft,
go to Chuck E Cheese,
and the library,
and go sledding.
We compromised with Chuck E Cheese and a Mario craft.
He then asked me to take a picture of his crafts.
He's too funny.

Today, I walked out of the bedroom to see Manuel working on skateboards, and Ben trying to "help."
It was adorable, and I had to sneak a pic.
I love it when the boys want to do things with Manuel. 
I hope they know they have a good daddy. :)

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

I agree about winter. It is fun until Christmas is over, then I am ready for spring! :)

Kristy said...

I like your title. Life really is about the little bits! Cute pictures.