Sunday, June 13, 2010

18 Months!!


Our little Tato is growing up. On June 3, 2010 he turned 18 months old. I can't believe it! I thought Sam grew up fast, but Mateo grew TWICE as fast! Last week was his first official day in Nursery and it made me want to cry! (Please remember that when Sam went into Nursery, I DID cry!) He is such a big boy!


Here's a little about Mateo- He loves to do anything his brother is doing. He is way too quick to pick up on new things, and we are constantly amazed by the things he can do. He L-O-V-E-S balls. Sam was all about cars by the time he was Mateo's age, but Mateo doesn't care for them too much. I think he has a ball with him majority of the time- sometimes he even has to hold one when he goes to bed (and I'm not talking about a little one, either!) He makes mad faces just to make people laugh, but can't hold a straight face for too long. He had his 18 month check up the other day and the doctor asked me if he could say at least 10 words. I kind of laughed a little because I know Mateo knows MUCH more than 10 words. I can't get him to stop talking sometimes! My sister has been teaching him phrases for her own entertainment. The most recent one is "Peace Sucka!" Nice, I know. We have quickly learned that Mateo will only say words on request when he feels like it. We envision him thinking, "Come on people. I don't have to constantly entertain you. Please leave me alone."

We love Mateo for his laid back personality. He's a pretty easy-going kid (thank goodness, since his brother can be difficult at times) and he is super friendly. He loves to make people laugh, and hates it when they are sad. I was having a rough day the other night and had been crying. Poor Mateo had the most concerned look on his face. He insisted on holding me and just waited for me to calm down. He did not like the fact that momma was upset. We are so lucky to have such a sweet little boy!

Although we hope to one day add a little girl to our family, I am so grateful for my sweet boys. Boys are something special for sure. They are rambunctious, and do some crazy things at times, but they give the best hugs and kisses ever. Boys naturally crave adventure, and there's never a dull moment at our house! Plus, I know they will always love their mommy. :)

Here are his stats from his appt:

Weight: 23 lbs 12 oz
Height: I wasn't told, but I know he's still in the 75th%

His weight gain has slowed down, but he is still gaining. The doctor expected it because of everything we went through with Sam.
We found out that Mateo may be allergic to Odie.:(
We are trying to keep them away from each other to see if that helps
his runny nose.
We really hope that isn't what it is because we would be so
sad to lose Odie. We couldn't ask for a better dog, so
keep your fingers crossed. :)

That's all for now!
Peace, Suckas!

3 comments:

Megs said...

What a great post! Oh how we love your little family & little Tato! :)

LadySVR said...

NOOOooo!!! I cannot believe he is already 18 months old! Wow time flies! He is SO cute, and he knows it - he is such a flirt! Happy 18 Month B-day Tatolicious!!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that face!!