I am not sure what is going on with me lately, but I have had no desire to post anything. I have this idea in my head that a post needs to be brilliant- it has to be captivating, it has to be funny, and it has to have some type of picture (normally of one or both of my incredibly cute children). So when I am missing a piece of the "perfect post" I just don't even bother. I know, I am weird. I think I'll chalk the writer's block up to the fact that I had strep earlier in the week, then had to endure not one but two graduations. I know that isn't a whole lot, but when you go two days in a row with 2 crazy kids, it's kind of hard. My brain is now numb from thinking.
On a different note, I am SO glad summer finally decided to show up. I even bought popsicles at the store the other day, which means it REALLY is here. It's never official until you buy popsicles! There's so much to look forward to this summer- which means there should be some good posts coming. This will include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Father's day- I hope to have a big mushy gushy post. You have been warned!
2. Toy Story 3- We can hardly contain our excitement! To make it even better, we were invited by our insurance agency for a private viewing of it. Okay, so we'll probably have to listen to some sales pitch, and possibly have to sign away our first born child, but a chance to watch Toy Story 3 complete with snacks for FREE? Yes please! Where do you want my first born?
3. Grandma Bean, Uncle Brent, Aunt Suzie, and their super cute kids coming to visit! They live in Iowa, and will be coming to visit in July. We LOVE them, and I am so excited to see them!
4. My dad is coming to visit too! He is graduating from his residency mid-June and will be headed here to visit for awhile before settling in El Paso, Texas. He has been stationed in Hawaii for the past 6 years. It will be nice to have my dad closer. I really hope my siblings come to visit too- although I am sure they don't want to sacrifice any of their summer to hang out with their lame sister! (I have recently learned that I am not as cool as I once thought. I am coming to terms with it!)
5. A possible vacation to Iowa with my mom. It would definitely be an adventure! We'll see if we're brave enough to do it!:)
6. Lots of trips to the park, a trip to the zoo, the pool, Discovery Gateway, maybe Lagoon. This summer will be awesome!
5 comments:
I love knowing what's coming - especially when I know it's going to be good. But, honestly, your blog is always good! I am always intrigued by what you say, how you say it, etc. I'm excited for summer & I hope we can do a few things on # 6 together! Well, not the zoo...I'm still trying to get out of doing that one altogether!!!
I feel the same way about my posts needing to be fantastic. That's why I don't post as often anymore. *sigh*...But I think your posts are great & I love reading them. :)
Holli, don't worry your posts are always great, with or without a picture. BTW we buy popsicles year around, I suppose Matt just wants to think it's summer when it is snowing outside. =)
Holli!
Of course we would love to play! Especially before we move to who knows where. :0) Are you planning on taking your boys to Toy Story 3? Maybe we can do an early movie then dinner?? We are going sometime after the 21st...
Okay, I'm so excited that you want to know about the blog books. I know you are pretty computer saavy/savvy? (don't know how to spell that one...) Go to Blurb.com and the whole process is very self explanatory. There is a button that you can slurp your whole blog into the book. Then I go through and choose backgrounds and change picture templates for every post. SO FUN! It's like scrapbooking, on your computer! If you get stuck email me: raddonfamily4@gmail.com
I have made 3 books so far. My first book was the cheapest: 23 dollars for 40 pages. My last book is the biggest and most expensive so far: 65 dollars for almost 300 pages. I'll pay whatever, because I don't print out my pictures anymore! Now I have them all in a book! :0) Have fun!
you posts are always great, i enjoy reading them and catching up on what you are all up to. We are excited to see you all again, I will have to contact you soon to let you know our plans. Later!
Post a Comment