Yesterday, I received a phonecall from a friend in my ward. What she told me nearly broke my heart and I knew I had to help. One of her friends lives in a neighborhood across the street from me. Her 2 year old granddaughter has been diagnosed with Leukemia and is currently receiving chemo therapy. I can't even imagine a little one so small and young having to endure something like that. My heart aches for the family, especially her parents. I don't know them, but I can only imagine how terrifying it would be to have one of my children diagnosed with CANCER. I hate that word. It has taken some of the people I have loved most dearly, and I am sure everyone has lost someone they loved to that horrible C-word too.
My friend is a great lady, and has offered to organize a fundraiser in order to help the family with the very large hospital bills they will incur. She has decided to do a silent auction and is in need of donations. That's where you, all of my devoted readers come in. :) If you have anything you would like to donate, please let me know! I am donating a Scentsy Plug-in System and possibly more things as well. I think she is looking for new, or homemade items (so if you sew... make bows... have some gift cards laying around...) anything would be great. I will also post the information I know about the silent auction when it gets closer in case anyone is interested in attending.
Thanks for your help!
6 comments:
Would a gift certificate to Simplicity Designs be worthwhile? Or no? Let me know what I can do. You pretty much know what I have/do...so please let me help!
That is aweful! That poor baby. I can make a few of my hats for them. Let me know when they need to be ready and made and I can get them to you. Or I can even sew together one of my bags as well.
I'm sorry to hear that. My cousin is on the end of a recovery process from lukemia. I know how trying it is. Keep us posted on when we can help.
I am more than willing to make a few things for the auction! Breaks my heart! Let me know when you need me!
Hey, I can arrange to donate 2 tickets to the Empress Theatre for the silent auction. Just let me know when and where. I wish them the best.
I want to attend (if I'm in town) and I will also see what I can put together - gift basket or something! It is amazing what can be accomplished when a community comes together!!
Post a Comment