Today I decided that my most favorite age for my kids so far, is 4. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the baby stage, I could probably live without the crazy toddler stage (although it is good for some laughs), and 3 is definitely fun, but 4 is my favorite. Sam has turned into such a thoughtful kid. He still has his crazy moments, and his irrational moments, but they occur less often than they used to. What I love the most is the funny things he says, and the questions he asks as he tries to make sense of the world.
Here's a few examples:
FUNNY: Sam was sitting on Manuel's lap and... someone... passed gas. Without hesitating Sam says, "Something smells poopy." Oh.My.Goodness. I still can't stop laughing! I wasn't there to witness any of it, but it's still hilarious. He's a funny kid.
MAKING SENSE: Today, Manuel and I went to the Stake Center for recommend interviews. Sam was sitting on my lap asking me what all of the doors were for. I told him they were the Stake offices for the Stake presidency. He thought for a second and said, "OH! So they cook meat here?!" I laughed and embarrassed him, but I couldn't help it. He was just too cute.
I'm sure I will have a new favorite age as my kids grow, but so far, 4 is a lot of fun.
2 comments:
I was 21 when I went to my first Stake Conference & was very disappointed that there wasn't any meat on a grill. Dang missionaries need to explain that one during the discussions!
I LOVE Sam's view on everything!
And I like how Sam & his buddies discuss Nintendo games at preschool.
Post a Comment