Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

 Today we went to visit Manuel's grandma at the assisted living home. They put together an easter egg hunt for the families to come enjoy. Sam hasn't been to a real egg hunt for a long time. The last time we went to the one near our home, it was a horrible experience. This time they had a lot of fun, and Granny L was so excited to introduce her great grandchildren to everyone she knows.

 I helped Mateo find eggs. They had an area just for the smaller kids so it made things a little easier. We didn't have to worry about the kids getting trampled or anything. Mateo had to carefully study his first few eggs, then decided just to grab what he could and run to the next one. He caught on quickly, and I think he had a lot of fun.
Nana (Manuel's mom) and Jazmine (my niece) helped Sam find his eggs. He had a TON! I found out Jazmine was grabbing armfuls to fill Sam's basket. Sam was pretty glad he had Jazmine there to help him out.:) Do you like the Luigi hat? Sam insisted on wearing it, and Mateo had the Mario hat as well. About a month ago, Sam decided that he needed to be Luigi and Mateo can be Mario. Want to know why?
"Because I am tall and skinny like Luigi, and Mateo is short and chubby like Mario."
People I didn't even know were taking pictures of the boys because of their hats. It wasn't sure if I should think it was funny or if I should be concerned that strangers were taking pictures of my kids.
I'll just be grateful that I have cute kids with crazy personalities that people want to remember. :)

 After the egg hunt, we all got to enjoy a donut WITH sprinkles. My boys love sprinkles. Sprinkles make them happy. But don't tell Sam they are "sprinkles" he likes to call them "sparklers" and does not like to be corrected.
Sam's portion of the haul. While he was emptying the plastic eggs, I noticed he was separating them as he put them on the table. I promise I had nothing to do with this (except maybe genetics) and I couldn't believe he had them in their own little piles. I guess my weird OCD tendencies have rubbed off on him a little bit. We might be in trouble.

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

That is so cute! I LOVE that he was separating them!

S said...

How fun! :)

Megs said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the hats. I really do. Your boys are super cute :)

Laura Burtis said...

ROFL! That is hilarious what he said about Luigi and Mario! Silly boy! Looks like they got a really good haul! Too fun! I love Easter egg hunts!!

Kristy said...

I like Sam's logic. He always makes me laugh. You should stop teaching Sam to be OCD because that means he'll count his treats making it harder for you to "share." :)