Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just Because He's So Funny

Here's the latest Silly Sam Saying (I just came up with that... brillant.) :) But first, a little background. Manuel is Hispanic (shocker, I know). Sam is at the age where he is starting to notice when people are different. Lately there has been some discussion about how Daddy is brown and I am white which makes Sam "half brown" and he thinks that is pretty awesome. So there's the background to the next two Silly Sam Sayings.

1. Referring to Manuel, one of my friends jokingly told Sam, "Oh there's your grandpa!" Sam's response: "No, that's just my daddy. He's brown."

2. Today was his last full day at preschool. They were having "outdoor fun" so I knew Sam needed some sunscreen just in case. As I grabbed the sunscreen, Sam protested, "I don't need that! I am half brown!" To which I replied, "Well, you're half white too, so that means you wear sunscreen." Still protesting Sam said, "No, I need the brown kind! Not this!"

*"Brown kind" being tanning lotion. Since it comes in a brown bottle I guess he assumes it is for people with darker skin, which he does not have.*

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

he he he... that is so cute!

Jen said...

That is freaking hilarious!!

Megan said...

Aw...love Sam aka "half-brown" - hey, that could be his indian name ;)

RH said...

He is too cute!!