I feel bad that not a lot has been shared about the little guy we're expecting in August. While a part of me feels like this has been the longest pregnancy ever, another part of me feels like he'll be here before we know it. I'm sure I'll be saying something different in a few weeks when it gets super hot, but for now 8 weeks seems semi-manageable.
So far, things have been just fine (physically speaking) and the doctor is confident that everything will go well. I was told at my last appointment that I am awesome because I have been able to keep my weight gain under control. That made me happy. I like being awesome. :) So far, I've gained 9 pounds and hopefully won't gain a lot more. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to lose weight or anything, but when you're considered "obese" you're not supposed to gain much weight anyway. I've been careful about my portions and I've been walking. I am glad that both seem to be helping out. Plus, my little sister is getting married like 2 weeks after my due date, so the less weight I have to lose the better.
Sam is SO cute when he talks about his new brother. He always asks me if the baby is awake or asleep. I've tried to get him to feel the kicks but he doesn't have enough patience. Sam thought it was really cool when I told him that the baby would be able to see light if we put a flashlight up to my stomach. He insisted I kept my shirt down though because for some reason my round stomach freaks him out. He even said, "It freaks me out a little bit." Silly boy. I'm trying not to get a complex. :)
Manuel and I are really excited to see this new little guy. We wonder who he will look like, and hope that he'll be our laid-back, easy going kid. After Mateo, I think we've earned an easy one. :) He even has a name! I don't think Mateo had a name until about 2 weeks before he was born. Don't ask what it is though, because I won't share. I've shared with a few family members and they made me feel bad, so I decided not to tell until he's already born and it's too late. I figured that would be easier. At least it will be easier on me!
Aside from still getting sick every morning and some serious swelling, things haven't been too bad. I also don't like to complain anyway, so I try to keep it to a minimum. So far, I know that our little guy is rather active, and is always awake at 5 in the morning, which is kind of funny because that is when Manuel gets up to go to work. It won't be so funny when he's out of my stomach though! I am sure the last 8 weeks will fly by and he'll be here before we know it! (At least I hope so!)
7 comments:
I can't wait to see him either - I think 8 weeks will go fast. I know it's physically the worst, but it's kind of nice to have it be the busy summer months when there's so much going on. However, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to tell me you have a name and then not reveal it ;) I'm glad you got one though!
I love that Sam likes to know if baby is awake or asleep. I can't wait to meet him!
You have looked FANTASTIC. Totally jealous, especially since I balloon up like a macy's day parade animal. And I'm so excited to meet him! :)
I agree with Lisel. It is so against the rules to say you finally have a name and then not share, but then again if you dont want to share yet then thats ok. I am glad that you are almost there. :) You have been very awesome throughout this pregnancy, even with everything that has happened. You are strong and I love you for that. And I cant wait to hold your little bundle of heaven when he gets here. :)
Can't wait to see pics of him too!! And you could post a belly picture....
You still get sick every morning!!!! Poor thing. I love that Sam is "scared" of your belly. Spencer just likes to make farting noises on mine, he even tried doing it at church once :) I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left. I wonder which of us will go first :) Congrats on the low weight gain, I won't admit how much I have already gained and I still have 2 months left YIKES! It was good seeing you again. Bye for now.
We are both just so excited to have another nephew!! And no matter what he looks like - he will be absolutely adorable, just like both of his brothers!!
Post a Comment