Before Mateo was born, we took Sam to Build-A-Bear. I had read in parenting books that having something for your child to take care of while you were taking care of baby would help in the transition. I thought I had blogged about it, but it looks like I didn't. Lame. I decided to just make it tradition because we never take the kids to Build-A-Bear, and I thought it would be fun. So Manuel and I decided to take the boys for Family Home Evening and let them build a stuffed animal before the little guy comes. Unfortunately, Sam went straight for the Smurfs. We watched the cartoon on Boomerang the other day and now he wants to see the movie, which I have no desire to see. Mateo decided on a dachshund. Of course I remembered my camera but forgot that both of my SD cards were on the counter at home. I had to take some pictures with my phone, so they aren't the best quality.
Mateo didn't quite get the concept when we handed him a limp stuffed animal. He held it away from his body with a "what the heck?!" look on his face. It was cute. He also refused to step on the pedal to help stuff the dog. He liked it once his dog was nice and soft though. Funny kid.
Sam was all about stuffing his Smurf. The girl made him do all sorts of funny things with his "heart" before he placed it in his Smurf. The worker explained it helped bring his Smurf to life and all I could think was, "We are in huge trouble when he realizes his Smurf really won't come to life." Luckily we haven't had any problems. :)
After the dog and the Smurf had a bath, I made the boys pose for me. I'm not sure what is going on with Mateo's cheesy smile. Sam named his Smurf, "Ticklish" (I really don't know why...) and Mateo named his dog "Ruff Ruff." Now they want to take their creatures/animals everywhere they go. Maybe having something to "take care" of doesn't really work, but I think it's fun to have something special to do with the boys before the baby comes.



4 comments:
I am so glad the boys had fun!
What a cute tradition!!!! I love how the first thing Sma said to me was, "I built a smurf!" - your boys are so cute and I can't wait to meet the new little one soon!
Good idea! I thought the name Ruff Ruff was cute, Brock named his doggy Woof Woof. haha :0)
Such a cute idea! I love that Mateo named his puppy Ruff Ruff! HA! So adorable!
Post a Comment