We are destined for a house full of superheroes.
And yes, superhero is one word.
I looked it up.
Three weeks ago, I had taken my mom, Mateo, and Ben with me to my doctor's appointment
so Mateo could hear the baby's heartbeat.
My awesome doctor took it one step forward and decided to show Mateo the baby via sonogram.
The baby just so happened to be in a position where we could see the... parts.
My doctor looked at me, and said he was 90% sure it was a boy.
It came as a shock, because I was almost certain it was a girl this time.
Man, was I wrong.
I decided that we wouldn't announce it until my official 20 week ultrasound
and it gave me some time to sort through my feelings.
I tried to convince myself early on that this would be a boy, but I still held out hope
for a girl.
This DOES NOT mean that I will not love this baby, or believe he doesn't belong in our family,
because he does.
It's just that... doesn't every mother want a daughter?
And doesn't every father want a little girl that will adore him?
I believe this goes the other way as well.
The day I found out, I called one of my best friends in tears.
I told her the thing that bothered me most, was that I felt like I wasn't going to have
a girl because I wasn't good enough to be a "girl" mom.
Having kids all the same gender brings weird, insensitive, and mean comments from people.
Thanks to those comments, and Satan, I let the words get to me.
My dear friend cried with me, and then told me that it wasn't that I wasn't good enough.
It was that I'm a good mom to my boys, and that's what matters.
She told me that my boys are some of the only ones she knows
that are kind, considerate, and sweet.
Talking to her helped me work through my bitterness,
and helped me realize that having another boy doesn't mean I've failed.
I do feel like there's a lot of responsibility that comes with 4 boys.
They need to be respectful, and kind.
They need to be sensitive to those around them and not be crude.
They need to be worthy priesthood holders and serve missions.
Luckily, my boys have been blessed with an amazing father
that can provide them with the example they need to follow.
We're excited to welcome this new little guy into our family.
I know he belongs, and was meant to be with us.
3 comments:
I was the total opposite when we found out what Kendric would be. When the lady said it would be a girl, I almost cried because I really wanted a boy. Then she changed her answer after checking again. I wouldn't know what to do with a girl!
Just like you said, they will be amazing priesthood holders and I know the Lord has prepared you to have these amazing boys to help them become the men they were destined to be. I love hearing about them and I love the stories you tell. They are sweet and kind. You are exactly the mother a house full of boys should have. I can't wait to see what this handsome little guy is going to look like! Congratulations. It is always nice to have a friend to talk to and be completely honest with. Love you Holli!
Just a thought.... Think of the wonderful Daughter in Laws you will be getting as an addition to your family someday. You may be the Mom they never had, or the Mom they need. I love my Mother in Law, and don't know what I would do without her. Somewhere beautiful little girls are being prepared and raised especially for your handsome boys. I bet they can't wait to meet you and your sweet family......(Someday)
I can't wait to meet #4 either!!!
Post a Comment