Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Big Ol' Catch Up Post

Sooo... I've been gone for awhile. My laptop died AGAIN, and thanks to my awesome friend, Megan and her super awesome-techy husband, I was able to score a laptop that will do everything I need and hopefully not die... twice. So now, I need to bring this little blog up to speed, because really, it's my journal. And really, if I don't document things, I will forget. That's just how awesome my brain is. I forget EVERYTHING and I hate it. Let me begin.

First, Indoor Soccer.

 Manuel and I decided awhile ago, that we wanted to encourage our kids to participate in activities they would like. Sam chose to do indoor soccer, then promptly realized he hated it. Being the mean parents we are, we told him that he had to stick with it. He has, but it hasn't been a pleasant experience for any of us! He just isn't very competitive, and doesn't really care to run after the ball if other kids are pursuing it as well. *sigh*
 He does, however, like to be goalie. The only problem is that he likes to stand IN the net, and doesn't quite understand that he needs to step out into the green box and actually DO something. It also doesn't help that the weather hasn't been very awesome, so it's hard to get outside and practice.
 One awesome thing about soccer, is that my parents are super supportive and have come to every game! I guess I should say my mom has made it to every game, because my Dave dad has been working on the oil spill near Willard Bay. He was able to come to a few though, and it means a lot to us that they've been so dedicated!

Next: Easter Sunday
 We have always been concerned about making sure our kids know the real reason we celebrate Easter. We talk about it for weeks before, and try asking the kids questions as the actual day approaches. They always amaze me with their answers. I had a hard time a couple weeks before Easter. We were in Sharing Time, and our secretary was teaching the kids about the resurrection. She had her husband share a story about how he had a sibling die when they were young, but that because of Jesus, he knows he will see her again. A couple kids made some comments about people they knew that had passed away, and Sam raised his hand to talk about his baby sister that died. It was hard, and I had to leave the room for a minute to regain some composure. I can't believe that even after 2 years, feelings and emotions can come rushing back in an instant. I am grateful for our Savior's sacrifice, and I am so grateful for my sweet kids. Sam often talks about the baby we lost, and he knows that one day we will see her again. We are so blessed to have an Eternal family, and knowing that if we live the way we should, we can see our loved ones again brings so much comfort.



And then: Priesthood Session Craft Night

 One of my good friends invited the crazies and I over to her house for crafts and pie. It was so much fun! I've wanted a wreath for my front door for awhile now, so I searched Pinterest and found an idea. My "M" was a little too big, but it works. :) We had a great time chatting and working while the kids played nicely. Except for when Mateo stepped in my friend's pie, which I'm still embarrassed about, and hopefully she'll invite us over again. ;)

Last: Discovery Gateway

We met up with my dad, Katie, and my sister, Abbi, on Saturday. We had never been to Discovery Gateway before, and the boys really liked it! I don't think we'll ever go on a Saturday again, but we'll probably be back!
 Baby Sister Emma. She's edible, and I adore her.


 Grandpa B helping Mateo rock climb



There was a hurricane simulator, and Mateo really wanted to try it.
Aunt Abbi paid the 2 dollars, and within a few seconds of the "wind" starting,
my niece started screaming her head off, and promptly got out of the simulator.
Sam followed shortly after, but Mateo was there the whole time! 

And now we're all caught up! I probably should have done individual blog posts, but I'm too lazy for that. :) 

2 comments:

RH said...

Wow, the boys are growing so fast and are so handsome! I love it! Great pictures, looks like all has been well! :)

Unknown said...

I love that Easter picture of Ben!! Sorry that Sam didn't love indoor soccer, it looks like fun though! My kids also begged for that hurricane simulator once - it's pretty funny.