Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Giant Leap of Faith

Something scary happened today- I quit my job. Manuel had told me a few weeks before I went back to DFCU that he thought we'd be ok if I didn't go back to work- I thought he was crazy. I told him that I didn't see how it could work, and it made me nervous even thinking about it but then I couldn't STOP thinking about it. All I could think of was how great it would be to stay home with my boys, and I couldn't help noticing the sick feeling grow in my stomach the closer January 13th creeped up on me. My mom told me that was probably my answer, but I still wasn't sure. I wanted to cry Monday night knowing that I had to go to work the next day. I had been praying and praying for some kind of answer to let me know things would be okay and that staying home was the right decision. I felt weird all day Tuesday while I was at work. It didn't feel right and all I wanted to do was go home. My manager Mark pulled me into his office today to let me know that I shouldn't feel obligated to stay, and that it would be okay if I decided I needed to stay home. He is seriously the best boss in the world and knows me well because he knew I wouldn't be happy coming back to work. That is when I decided for sure that I was done. I know that it will be hard, and we may struggle a little, but I really think this is the right decision. I just had to find the courage to take that leap, and I know that things will work out. I am so excited to officially be a stay-at-home mom!

10 comments:

LadySVR said...

Full Time Mommy!! Your boys are SO lucky!! I am so excited for you! There will be times that will be hard but think about it...you get to be a stay at home Mommy! What better gift could you give your boys? You are an awesome Mom! And...this means we can hang out more during the day & have the kids play together! Ah...and do crafts & stuff!!

princess jen said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you!!

Michael and Laura said...

Wow Holli! I am so so happy for you! I'm glad that you can have the huge weight lifted off your shoulders of having to go to work! You are such a great mommy!

melanie said...

Holli
I am so happy for you. I was lucky enough to stay home with so of my children when they were babies and it was such a blessing.

Megs said...

I'm happy that you made the leap of faith - you won't be disappointed and some way you will be blessed - heck, it starts with getting rid of that sick stomach! I'm happy for you and your little family! And yeah, Mark is officially the world's best boss ever.

Dawnzer said...

Holly, this is an incedible decision. I know your family will be blessed by your being a full time Mom. YOu will have so much fun. I loved being home with my kids when they were young. I wish you the best.

Lisel said...

I'm so excited for you too! I went through the exact same thing and it was a scary decision to make. Looking at the numbers it didn't make sense at all to quit, but I know that by making that leap of faith we were blessed and you will be too! Your boys are definitely lucky and we can't wait to play with you!

Tawnya said...

That is so cool. I am so happy for you. Everything will work out.

Preston & Courtney Dial said...

Holli
It is a giant leap of faith to stay home and I still worry about if I am doing the right thing but it is so worth it and when you don't think about the money invovled it is less of a worry.

Jen said...

I am proud of you for doing the hard thing. How wonderful to ease your mind and be where your heart wants to be. Have fun every day!