Friday, January 30, 2009

The Hairstylist

So this afternoon I had run downstairs to switch the laundry over. Normally I am done in a jiffy, but while I was hanging wet clothes I had to answer the phone twice. I quickly finished and put a new load into the washer and turned on the dryer. I ran upstairs and did a quick scan of the TV room- no Sam. I walked into the living room...still no Sam. I walked into the bedroom and still couldn't find Sam! I finally said, "Sam, where are you?" thinking he was playing hide and seek. Then I heard a tiny voice say, "I'm in here!" I walked into the bathroom and this is what I saw: Purple pomade in his hair and dripping down his face as if he had been slimed by Slimer himself! All I could do was laugh! Before I even started cleaning him up I had to run and grab my camera (because this is TOTALLY blog worthy, plus I am a great mom like that! :) ) and take a few pictures so I had visual examples to go with my hilarious story. I started wiping his face off and all Sam could do was sit quietly. He didn't say a word, and I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face. I am pretty sure he thought he was in huge trouble because he looked like he was about to cry and didn't even smile when I took his picture.
I had just purchased a brand new jar of pomade and had moved it over to the shelf above the toilet while I was cleaning the sink. I had been waiting for everything to dry before I moved it back, plus I never thought he'd decide to fix his own hair!

The brand new jar of pomade is now half gone... and all I can do is laugh!


I immediately put Sam in the tub so I could get to work on his gooey hair. Luckily it was just pomade so it came out easily with shampoo, water, and a little elbow grease! Maybe some moms would be infuriated to find a brand new jar of pomade halfway gone, purple goo all over brand new white towels (the ones for decoration only!) and another outfit that needs to be washed, but not me. I just laugh. Raising a toddler is like training a wild animal- you always have to be on your toes and two steps ahead! I hope you enjoy the story!



6 comments:

Megs said...

That's a great story, and I don't think you're a terrible mother for taking pictures - it was needed :) , and completely entertaining.

xoxo said...

haha thats is too funny! sam is so funny it cute that he didnt even talk haha

Tawnya said...

Tat is so cute. I am so glad you took it as something funny. I think I may have had a hard time laughing. You are a great example.

Seth and Keri said...

I LOVE it! Sam is seriously the funniest kid I know.!

LadySVR said...

LOL!! Sam can do no wrong! I'm so glad you grabbed the camera - he looks like he is going to cry but he is still so dang cute!! Hilarious!!

Michael and Laura said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is hilarious! I LOVE it! I can't wait to show Uncle Michael these pictures! Oh man, Sam is such a stud. lol.