Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Samuel!







It is hard to believe, but Sam turned three on Saturday! We had a party for him with family and some family friends and I hope Sam had a blast. He was spoiled as usual and we are so glad everyone came to share the special day with him. Sam is such a fun and crazy boy. Everyone loves him!
Here are some facts about three-year old Sam:
1. He LOVES cars. Especially Volkswagens and can spot one from a mile away. He can tell you if it's a Bus, Bug, Karman Ghia... you name it! I am sure his dad will appreciate this even more once Sam can actually work on them- cute little father/son interaction. :)
2. He can sing his ABC's, count to 10, and know most of his shapes and colors. He really likes the color orange the most.
3. Loves to dance and sing songs. Especially when accompanied on the guitar.
4. Says that his mom is his best friend. :)
5. Already talks about going to school. I just can't handle that one!
6. His favorite movies are: Bedtime Stories, Cars, and Toy Story (1&2)
7. He is starting to role play with his toys- the other day I overheard Buzz & Woody having a conversation directed by Sam. It was adorable.
8. Sam has a very active imagination that astounds me sometimes. He has an imaginary dog named "Jack"-it breaks my heart and makes me wonder if it was a mistake to give the real Jack away.
9. Is the sweetest little boy. Recently he has decided that I need to sing him to sleep. Once I have sung one he looks up with his big brown eyes and softly says, "sing me anudder song Mommy."
10. Tried saying the prayer by himself the other day and my heart swelled with pride.:)

Happy Birthday Sam! We love you very much!



4 comments:

Michael and Laura said...

He is such a darling little boy! We just love him too pieces! Happy Birthday Sam!

Preston & Courtney Dial said...

Happy Birthday Sam!! Kaleb likes his Lighting Mcqueen cake!

Lisel said...

I am so behind in the blogging world! Sam and his party are both so cute! Vegas looks fun and I'm glad you got to get away, even though I can't imagine Vegas in August!! And I'm sorry about all the things you needed to vent about! I hope you are feeling better and you better let me know if you ever need anything or need someone to talk to! Seriously, any time! If you need someone to take your boys while you study or your mom can't watch them during school or whatever!

Ian Falkner said...

That is some freaking frosting on that cake! Anyway, happy birthday to sam! Looks like you guys had a good party! :)