Monday, August 24, 2009

Las Vegas

Sam & Aunt Alyssa
Daddy & Matato

The deer tried to eat Sam's shirt- it was so funny!










Last week Manuel and I loaded up the van and had our first family vacation in years. It wasn't easy- the kids had a hard time being away from home and it was SO hot, but we all survived and had some adventures for sure. I learned a few things while we were there:
1. If anyone tells you that Las Vegas is more "family friendly" they are liars. Adding M&M World and a few roller coasters can't cover up the smoking, drinking, and scantily clad women. It just can't.
2. The Southern Nevada Zoo was a freaking joke. We mainly saw pigeons, chickens, and an ostrich that tried to peck at Sam. It smelled horrid and all of the animals were shoved into tiny places surrounded by chain link fence. It made Hogle look like the San Diego Zoo. AWFUL!!
3. Never go to Vegas in August. Or any other scorching month. The temps were about 115 degrees and I wanted to die. My mother had to sweetly "remind" me that I was in the desert. Yuck.
4. The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay is awesome. I think that was one of my favorite places we visited in Vegas. Oh, and the Coke place is pretty cool too!
5. I realized how much I miss my brothers and sisters and I am so glad we were able to visit them. I hope they know that I love them, and they better come visit us soon!

1 comment:

Michael and Laura said...

So glad that you got to go! You guys deserved a get away! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Sorry that it was so hot though!