It is so hard to believe Mateo is already 8 months old! I thought time went fast after I had Sam- now it's just a whirlwind! Right now he is trying so hard to crawl. He is the fastest roller I have ever seen and is already getting into things and making messes, but crawling is his next goal for sure. Manuel and I were talking about the many nicknames we have for him when Sam is only Sam or Samuel. My sister-in-law asked what we call him and received a lengthy list in response. His nicknames are: Matato Potato, or sometimes just Matato or just Potato, then it has been shortened to Tato, Papa (the Spanish word for "potato"), Chunky monkey, Chunka-lunka- he has way too many and I am sure he'll end up with some sort of complex. In the end I mainly call him Tato and Manuel calls him Papa.
Anyway, at 8 months Mateo:
Has 4 teeth
Will reach to you when he wants to be held
Seems to say his own version of "mama" that sounds like mmmu..mum
LOVES food
Watches and mimics his big brother constantly
Loves to blow raspberries
Screams when he doesn't get what he wants
Can hold onto an object and stand for a while
Continues to be the happiest baby that gives the BEST smiles.
4 comments:
awww i love and miss him!
He really is such a happy little guy. We sure love him, and his cute smiles!
8 months...time flies! I tend to call him Ma-Tato, and Emi calls him Sam's Will'em. I can't believe how squishy his cheeks are...I feel like that crazy 80 year old aunt with the blue hair & purple lipstick that pinches the kids cheeks at family reunions but seriously his cheeks are perfectly squishy - and he smiles after I do it! TOO CUTE!!
I totally agree that time flies faster when you have two little ruggrats to chase after.They are fun to watch them play together I love it now, and I am sure it gets better the older they get.
Post a Comment