Monday, December 7, 2009

My Baby...

Is a year old!
I seriously can't believe it.
His birthday was bittersweet for me
because it meant he is no longer a baby.
He is such a funny boy.
He loves to mimic people-
I think it's his way of making fun:)
He is now walking everywhere
and I can't keep up with him!
I accidentally uploaded the pics in the wrong
order. Ever since the virus my pics
have been a little messed up.
This is the aftermath of the cake-
and I have to say that red frosting is
a BAD idea! His face is still stained!

This is the beginning of the mess...
He was very slow and precise with his bites.
It was so funny!
He gave me the first taste-
Mateo is such a sweet boy!


I had to keep the cake at a distance while
we were singing because he kept
trying to grab it!
I love the little 5 in cakes-
they are so cute!



Since my life was crazy with the Ward Christmas party,
we just had a very small family get together
for Mateo.
Hopefully he doesn't feel gipped when he's older,
but I just couldn't do it!
Sam thinks that Mateo's toys are HIS
toys. We've already had a few fights
and tantrums. It's probably because
Mateo got some cool stuff so Sam wants
to claim it as his own.
I can already see Christmas may be a problem!
Happy Birthday Mateo!
We love you!




4 comments:

Preston & Courtney Dial said...

They grow so fast... it makes me a little sad...Happy Birthday Mateo!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! We need to get together and play...

LadySVR said...

I can't believe he is ONE! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MATEO!! Hope the red stained face doesn't last too long - but it is cute! Sam is too funny - he can spot the "good" toys from miles away! And sharing is a concept we have yet to understand in this house - I feel your pain!!

Seth, Keri, Con and Finn said...

Crazy he is a year old already!! Glad he enjoyed his cake:) I want to see you soon if you have the time!