My great grandma passed away.
Although she has lived a great life, and we know
she is in her own paradise, we will miss her greatly.
She was an amazing woman.
Great Grandma Leonard was the first member of our family
on my dad's side to join the church.
I guess you could say she was one of our pioneers.
She served as Primary president for over 25 years.
My Grandma (my dad's mom) told me once
that the Bishop in their ward had told my GG that if he
could have called her to be one of his counselors he would.
And I don't doubt that for one minute.
When I think back, I will always remember GGrandma
for iced oatmeal cookies in the Kitty Cookie jar,
and their cat, "Purr" whom I called "Pearl."
Grandma thought that was hilarious and whenever I was around
would call her "Pearl" too.
Great Grandma was a strong, feisty woman.
She never put up with anything from anyone.
Although I know a lot of my strong opinions come from
my mom, I'd like to think I inherited some of it
from Grandma too.
When my grandma called to tell me that GG wasn't doing well
she said, "Don't you worry. I am sure she'll be up there
bossing people around before you know it."
And it's so true.
This is one of my most favorite people in the world-
my Great Grandpa Leonard.
Like Grandma, he is an amazing man.
I love to hear all of his stories and the funny things he says.
I know he will miss GG greatly,
but we are still lucky to have him.
in over a year.
Mateo was only two weeks old when my dad saw him.
Our family has had some trials this year,
but it was nice to finally see my dad again.
He lives way too far away.
We are looking forward to him finishing his residency
and moving back to the mainland.
Hawaii was just no good.
for the first time!
A lot of my mom's family lives in the same town as
my dad's family.
So I had a lot of people to visit in a very short amount of time!
Luckily we were able to see everyone!
This is my cousin's little girl, Mallory.
Isn't she adorable?
I love her chubby cheeks and dimples!
Mateo was not-so-happy about the pictures.
Mateo was not-so-happy about the pictures.
She is my mom's mom.
It's hard to try and keep everyone straight.
Hope you were able to keep up!
Unfortunately, Manuel and Sam weren't
able to come to the funeral.
For some reason, tickets from our city to Des Moines
are pretty pricey.
Hopefully we will all be able to make it there
sometime soon.
It was a quick trip, but a great experience
to honor Great Grandma Leonard.
3 comments:
What a great tribute to your great grandma! Again, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. You have a great attitude about it all,though, and I admire your strength always.
Love how unhappy Mateo looks to be in the pictures. But he is still so darling!
I'm also glad you were able to see your dad - he looks so different from when I met him!
Let me know if I can do anything for you! Love you!
sorry about your loss. We always mourn losing one of our favorite spunky people. She's got work to do someplace else for now.
Sorry Holli- I swear this past week has been a nightmare for people losing loved ones... No good at all!
Post a Comment