Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

 We spend Christmas Eve at my parent's house every year.
The tradition started years ago when Michael and I would normally
leave on Christmas day to go visit our dad.
It's been a good tradition, and makes it easier when you
have two families to visit!
The past few years we have skipped the usual Christmas feast
and have soup and bread bowls instead.
It's one of my new favorite traditions now.
Sadly, Manuel had to work that night so we spent
Christmas Eve without him.:(
Of course, we were all spoiled rotten!
Sam had to pose for every present he opened.
Silly boy.
 Mateo seemed to have more fun playing with random things
around the house instead of opening his presents.
It probably doesn't help when Grandpa "flies" him everywhere!
All night long Mateo would back himself up by Grandpa's legs
and say, "F-wy me, Gwanpa!"
 Don't you love his face in this picture?
Uncle Michael and Aunt Laura got him a piggy bank!
His name is now Hamm... you know, from Toy Story?

 Mateo loves Nemo!
He hugged him as soon as he opened the present.
Aunt Allison knows what he likes. :)


The BIG present!
Grandma and Grandpa got Sam and Mateo
a (boy-ish) kitchen AND a grill!
They also got a Cars and Toy Story
apron and chef's hat.
Too cute!
Now, I have to say, kitchens are NOT just for girls!
Boys can play with them too, and it will not
turn them girly or... the other thing.
Seriously.

Putting together Mateo's rocket.
I thought this picture was so funny!
Everyone had to help. :)

3 comments:

Erin Macceo said...

I considered getting Myles a kitchen. I agree that boys can play with them too, however we opted for a train table. lol

Primitive Designs said...

Ummm... how many guys does it take to put wheels on a toddler's toy? Good times!! :)

LadySVR said...

:) Traditions are GREAT! I love that Sam had to pose with each gift...he cracks me up! Mateo in the basket is HILARIOUS! Just my own opinion but the BEST Chef's are MEN!