Rude BIL aside, the party went well! Manuel and I both felt bad that Mateo couldn't have a pinata, but hopefully one day we'll have a garage so he won't miss out. It would also be nice to have a bigger house so we can invite more people. For the sake of space and my own sanity, we had to keep the guest list pretty short. Darn winter birthdays!
It was so fun to watch Mateo's reactions as he opened his presents. Sam was pretty funny too. I've had to remind Sam numerous times that they are Mateo's toys, not his. He has a nice little double standard where he expects Mateo to share everything, but Sam doesn't have to share anything. We're working on that.
Mateo loved all of his presents, and got so many awesome things! He's been a busy boy playing with all of his cool stuff.
The cutest little Thor I have ever seen.
This picture cracked me up when I saw it. I had an awesome photographer and videographer for the birthday party! Good thing too, because I get so wrapped up in everything else I'm never able to take as many pictures as I would like.
Admiring all the presents. :) Little boys are so funny. My kids have never watched a Star Wars movie in their life, but they're obsessed. We'll probably wait a few years before we finally let them watch one.
Grandpa and Ben. :) I love this picture!
Mateo took all of his toys to Manuel after everything was opened. The kids had a huge pile of stuff right in the main walkway. Not the best place for all of the toys to end up, but luckily no one got hurt. :)
I love this picture. 2 boys concentrating.
Even though I BEGGED my brother not to open the dart gun, he did it anyway. No one listens!
Getting the gun ready...
Shooting Uncle Michael! He totally got what he deserved!
Going back to Phineas and Ferb, they're always creating awesome things. I decided a build-your-own sundae would be fitting and EASY. It was a big hit!
Here's a little about 3 year old Mateo:
Favorite color: orange
Favorite foods: anything with rice, grilled cheese sandwiches, cheetos
Favorite drinks: chocolate milk, orange Fanta, any kind of juice
Favorite TV shows: Phineas & Ferb, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Favorite movie: Chicken Little
Favorite song: Itsy Bitsy Spider (That is the only song he allows me to sing)
Mateo is a crazy little boy. He is stubborn, active, and hilarious. He is loving, but only on his terms. He's definitely a kid that likes his space! He looks to his big brother for cues and mimics Sam all the time. When asked how old he is, he tells people, "I am free yeaws owld." When asked his name he says, "I'm Tato-wishus!" He loves to repeat lines from movies and dance to theme songs. We sure love our Tatolicious!
I had made an appointment for Ben's 4 month well baby visit, and completely forgot about making one for Mateo's 3 year visit! Our awesome pediatrician decided to squeeze him in for me so we didn't have to come back. It's all thanks to his amazing nurse- I'm pretty sure she convinced the doctor to do it. They both rock, and I was so grateful they would do that for me! When I thanked Dr Barrett he told me it was because we're an easy visit. I took that as a compliment. :)
Mateo's 3 year STATS: Height: 38 3/4 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 35 lbs 4 oz (75th percentile)
Our sweet little Ben! He is such a sweet baby. He is very laid back and only cries when he's overly tired or exceptionally hungry. We all love him to pieces! I hope he keeps his sweet disposition. I'd like to think after the first two I've earned an easy going kid. :)
I am the worst mom in the world because I suck at the Tummy time game. Every mom I know is so awesome at doing it. I have some serious guilt issues when it comes to that. And other things, but we won't get into those. I admitted it to the doctor and he made me feel better when he told Ben, "That's okay. I'm sure your mom doesn't want you mobile any time soon anyway." Very true!
Ben is SO close to rolling over from back to tummy to back. The only thing stopping him is his arm. The doctor gave us the ok to start him on cereal, and as soon as I can figure out sleeping arrangements, Ben will start sleeping in his big boy crib. He hates his bassinet and doesn't sleep for very long at night anymore. Kind of frustrating.
Ben's 4 month STATS: Height: 24 1/2 inches (25th percentile)
Weight 13 lbs 4 oz (25th percentile)
I am so grateful for both of our happy and healthy little boys!
6 comments:
Oh yes, the "amazing photographer" - you crack me up. And you're too kind. Mary Poppins, I tell ya.
Those pictures of Ben...oh.my.word. I could just squeeze him. Don't feel too bad about tummy time. I sucked it up with Ava, too. She really hated it and I really hate when she's sad. :) Mother of the year award to me.
I thought Mateo's party was SUPER fun! And so did Emerie. She still talks about it. Tim even told me as we left that the sandwiches + ice cream sundaes were GREAT ideas. And he talked about his pb&j all afternoon. :) I think my husband just loves your food :)
Time to wrap up the longest comment in history. Love you!
Happy milestones to your cute kiddos! Those are great pictures, the party sounds awesome, and Ben is totally squishable! Yay for easy-going babies!
That's awesome! Your boys are so adorable. Ben is growing and is getting cuter with each picture!!
You have such cute kids!! And Ben is just beautiful, I could hold him all day!!! Cute birthday party and fun ideas for food...dumb BIL! Don't worry about tummy time, i felt the same way because I was terrible at it. But he is not going to be 10 and still laying on his back unable to roll over...
Mateo absolutely cracks us up! He is just so much fun! I love how into helping Mateo with the gun Michael and Jesse were - they are just big kids themselves!
Oh and I LOVED your party theme, the sack lunches were awesome! That PB&J totally hit the spot! You always have the cutest parties for your kiddos! Always so fun to attend :).
And Ben... OH.MY.HANNAH! Melts our hearts! Such a sweet baby boy! Cannot believe he is already 4 months! Time flies!
You did a good job of carrying out your birthday theme and it looks like Mateo had fun. Ben has the biggest eyes!
Post a Comment