The last couple weeks of school were filled with fun things.
One of which was the 1st Grade Play.
The kids sang a couple songs together first, then each class
had their own play to present.
Do you like the kid picking his nose in the pic? Classic :)
Sam's class did a play based on the book, Chrysanthemum,
and even though Sam insisted on being "Sam-the-classmate" who had
no speaking parts at all, it was still darling. The class did a great job!
Mateo was happy playing with Grandma's phone.
The first grade also went on a field trip to Wheeler Farm the same week.
Luckily, Sam and one of his best buds, Hudson, were in the same group.
I'm glad that Sam has found some good friends!
Sam got to help demonstrate how they used to milk cows...
And went on a wagon ride
We also got to check out the animals, like piglets
Ugly turkeys,
and a cute calf!
The kids were also able to feed the ducks and geese,
Which made Sam happy.
Then he saw a duckling struggling in some rocks,
And that made Sam really, REALLY, sad.
He wanted to take the duckling home so we could take care of it,
and cried when I assured him the duckling was okay and really needed
to stay with its mommy.
*sigh*
I'm glad my kids love animals, but it gets a little ridiculous sometimes!
Can you see the cute ducklings?
I'm glad I was able to volunteer for the field trip!
I'm also glad Sam had such an awesome 1st grade teacher.
We really loved Mrs Taylor, and I'll be sad to not see her as much!
{Hopefully Mateo will be able to have her too!}
No comments:
Post a Comment