Friday, March 27, 2009

Honesty Tag

Laura tagged me a while ago, and I figured I had better do it soon!

Here are the rules:
a. List 8 Honest things about yourself- and make it interesting!
b. Pass it on to 7 fellow bloggers

1. Manuel thinks I am doing my homework as I type this... heehee
2. Aside from siblings, a couple of my nieces and nephews, and the kids I know in my ward, I think most teenagers are a bunch of irresponsible punks. I hear them speeding up and down my street every day at 7am, 10:40 am, and 2:12pm. It drives me crazy. I hate dealing with them in the store, at the fast food restaurant, and every other place I run into them. They are obnoxious and I want to tell them to put on a pair of jeans that actually fit and don't look like they were painted on. Oh, and you really don't look cool when you yell at people as they pass you on the street.
3. I really don't know how "Meza" ended up highlighted in yellow on my blog.
4. I am a horrible gossip and I make fun of people way too much. It's a sickness really. Sara and I got into trouble one day when Cade overheard us making fun of someone that walked down our street- he told us we were mean. My response: "Well, then don't wear the same outfit everyday, live with the creepiest guy on the street, and wear a jacket with fur around the hood in the middle of summer." My mom told me the other day that I am a mean girl and I told her, "DUH! That's my favorite movie!" I guess this post is more of a confessional than just being honest...it may be a case of TMI. I must say that I am trying to overcome my evil ways, so admitting it is always the first step to recovery. :)
5. I REALLY want to become a published author. If I had extra time, I would be working on a book right now. It will have to stay on the back-burner until I am done with school- where it has been for the past 7 years now. You just wait. One day there will be a book with my name on it, and it just may shatter my family for it will be loaded with the awful truth!
6. I have a horrible self-image that has really bothered me lately. Although I have lost all baby weight, and an additional 10 pounds, I still feel like I look awful. I've really been struggling lately and I hate it! No money for a gym pass and no double stroller= no real opportunity for weight loss or getting rid of the disgusting "muffin top." Please know that I am not soliciting for compliments or for sympathy, I just had to be honest!
7. I have some of the coolest friends in the world. Growing up, I had some horrible friends. They lied and used me for rides and other things. I only talk to a handful of people that I did in high school because most of them weren't real friends. (Thanks to all of my "true" high school friends!) Anyway, for the first time in my entire life I can say I have REAL friends! People I have things in common with, I can talk to, can depend on, and I can do the same for them! We all share the same values and uphold the same standards- I love it, and I love all of them! Thanks to all of my awesome friends! Who would have thought I'd be popular AFTER high school?!? Total joke!
8. I know I have said this before, but I have the best husband ever. We've had some hard times lately, and problems with extended family that make me even more grateful for him and all that he does for our family. He's the best!

I TAG: Keri, Sara, Krista, Lisel, Megan, Jen, and Courtney!

5 comments:

Megs said...

Love this! I especially love the part about being a "mean girl" - that is a great movie and yes, it is the first step to recovery. Yet, I've admitted it several times and I am nowhere nearer recovery. Oh well. You're a great person and a great friend! Love you!

princess jen said...

Me?? Or another jen you know? *you never know... I do have an incredibly popular name... plus i take FOREVER to do tags. even if it's not me, maybe i'll do it anyway.
I loved reading and learning all about you. I can't wait to read your book!

Holli said...

It's totally you Jen! You're my only blogger friend named Jen!

LadySVR said...

LOL!! I have remind Cade that it's not mean when it's just COMPLETELY HONEST!! Seriously who wears fur trimmed jackets in the middle of summer??? :)

Michael and Laura said...

Oh man you are so hilarious! I hate to admit it, but I am totally the same way with gossip, I try so hard not to... I guess I just dont try hard enough. And just so you know, I will totally buy your book when it comes out - you are hilarious "It will shatter my family with the awful truth"...lol