
Girl Scout cookies. They are amazingly delicious and impossible not to partake. I am addicted. I have found the one cookie to truly complete me... the Samoa cookie. It's chocolate. It's caramel. I don't even notice the toasted coconut on top. I have never loved Samoas until this year. In fact, I ate an entire box by myself over the course of the week while Manuel was gone. I guess that isn't bad since there's like 5 cookies in every box (okay, total exaggeration) but here's the problem- I saved a box for Manuel. It took every ounce of self control not to rip that box open and I lasted ALL WEEK! Then it happened... Sam and I went to Wal-Mart and I heard the sweetest words I have ever heard yelled throughout a parking lot, "GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!" I was sold. I called my sister who was also suffering from Samoa withdrawal, made my $5 purchase at Wal-Mart and got $20 cash back. Bless their litte Girl Scout hearts. I bought 3 boxes of Samoas, (2 were for my sister!) a box of Thin Mints, and Sam picked out a box of Lemon Chalet Cremes. Delicious. But here's my confession- I had already received my Girl Scout cookies, ate them up, then hit up the little girls at Wal-Mart! I have a serious problem. What am I going to do once the cookie season is over? Oh how I love my Samoa cookies. Until we meet again, my friend.
3 comments:
I'm just lucky the girl scouts don't come around our neighborhood. I also try to avoid their stands for this very reason - I would go crazy (think Monica with the Brown Bird cookies...Ah, good times.). :) Love you!
Ha ha ha I feel the exact same way with thin mints! Oh man, I love them so much! That was so nice of you to save a box for Manty! (I don't know if I would have the strength =)).
LOL!! I am so thankful for the Troops that set up at Wal-Mart! If we have a Troop around here, they are not kind enough to stop here! I LOVE GSC! I bought 4 boxes on Saturday. We went through 2 in less than 8 hours! Emi "stole" the last Tagalong I was saving for Cade!!
Post a Comment