Monday, June 1, 2009

Sam Loves Chicks!


Doesn't the title throw you off a little bit? :) Our next door neighbor has 4 chicks that have matured into adolescent chickens. When they were little Sam would scoop them up and hold them as often as he could. All of a sudden they were no longer cute and little but that doesn't stop Sam! He thinks they are the coolest thing ever and is very gentle when he holds them. I just had to share the picture because it is so funny. I will end this post with a few recent quotes by Sam.

-We've been trying to teach Sam about the temple so for a while all churches had turned into "temples." After reminding him to look for Angel Moroni this is what we get: "Oh a temple! No... no Angel Moroni." Then when we did go by a temple- "Oh, Angel Moroni! He's got his horn!" "Oh I love the Temple Mommy!"

-At church yesterday Manuel started walking to sit up on the stand (poor Sam will always think his Daddy sits by the Bishop!) and he turns to me and asks, "Is Daddy going to talk to President Monson?"

Sam is turning into such a sweet, smart, and thoughtful little boy. Every time there's some type of commercial on for something he thinks I need he says, "You need that Mommy?" Once I asked him if he was going to buy something for me and his response was, "No, I don't have any money. No pockets. See?" As he pats the side of his pajama shorts. What a funny kid he is!

-Okay, here's the last one for now. He has started calling me "Holli" all of the time lately. I always say, "Excuse me?" and he will then say "Mommy." Now he has combined the two and refers to me as "Mommy Holli." Crazy kid!

1 comment:

Michael and Laura said...

Ha ha ha, mommy Holli, that is adorable. He is so crazy to hold those and not be scared! Michael sent me the picture that you sent him yesterday... hilarious! What a cute boy!