
Just wanted to give an update on Mateo. He is just fine. Febrile seizures are super common (about 25% of children under age 6 get them) and completely harmless. They just scare the crap out of you. :) On Tuesday Mateo went in for a doctor's visit just as a follow-up. The doctor and I discussed where to go from here, and decided that any testing would be unnecessary. Since Mateo has had a febrile seizure, he is at more risk of having another, but it isn't likely. I did find out that since he stopped breathing for as long as he did his seizure was more complicated than most febrile seizures. Some halted breathing is normal, but the fact that Mateo lost all color and his lips were blue means that he stopped breathing for longer than he should have. Scary. I am now looking into CPR certification. I was certified in like... high school... and I can't say I remember much. Thank goodness for Manuel and Michael. Because of THEIR training, Mateo is okay. Being the mommy though, and being the one that is with the boys the most, makes me realize that I am not very prepared for certain emergencies and I really need to be. The helpless/panicked feeling I had Sunday still haunts me, and I know that I need to be proactive and get the education I need that could save a life.
You find out who truly cares about you in time of crisis. Manuel and I have been deeply touched by the texts/comments/phonecalls that we received as people reached out to us to make sure that we were okay. We are so grateful to have such wonderful friends and family. Thank you for your love and support.
5 comments:
Glad Tato tots is still doing good. Your CPR classes sound like a good idea. But here is a thought, what about us other mothers that wouldnt have a clue what to do. Maybe we should suggest it to Kristy that who ever does the RS enrichment could have a class like that, so all mothers learned CPR. I know Farmer Rowley was CPR cert when he was a life guard and I am sure he still remembers what to do, but I have never done it. They gave us a small lesson when i was in 6th grade, but never stuck. Good idea though.
I love the picture of your little cutie. He's a charmer!
He is so adorable and I'm glad that he and your whole family are doing well. Being CPR certified is such a great thing. I am, but I honestly should study up a little because I'm not sure if I would remember what to do if it was my little one that needed the help. Again I'm glad that he is doing great!
I am so glad Tatoelicious is OK! Even thinking about it freaks me out and the more I think about it makes me agree with you about being proactive. If you find a class let me know - I would like to take it with you!!
If you find any good classes, I'd love to join you! Tim knows everything, too - but I don't. And that scares me - and it used to scare me constantly when Tim was on the road & I was alone with Emerie. We are SO glad Mateo is ok. We love you & I miss you, too!!!
Post a Comment