Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vintage


This may come as a surprise, but I have a love for all things vintage. Well, all things clothing/jewelry/super cool kitchen stuff vintage. Have you ever seen any Doris Day movies? I own a few if you'd like to borrow one, but MAN! I love, Love, LOVE her style. In fact, my mother always makes comments like, "that is SO Doris Day... and SO you..." It's always nice to have someone shopping that really knows your style. Anyway, I was trying to find a replica of a super amazing ring that my mother-in-law owns (it's a vintage cocktail ring *sigh*) and although I couldn't find one that is like hers, I found WAY too many cute ones. I also reminded myself of an awesome retro clothing store downtown Manuel and I like to visit from time to time. So all of these webites made me realize I really need to hit that store up soon. Mainly for the jewelry, but I think I may need to get some clothes to go with it. I'd even take vintage inspired clothing, but I think the jewelry needs to really be vintage. If only I had a money tree...

3 comments:

Lisel said...

Vintage is super cool. I'm never confident that I can pull it off, but I love the style. That store sounds cool! Also, I love Sam's party and your cake! What a cute boy he is!

Anonymous said...

Hit up the ol' Bag for it!! I know she has jewelry like that. We need to go back together & I will distract her while you fill up you purse! Don't forget to grab the pen for me!!

LadySVR said...

I too love vintage...
I am going to need to borrow some of your Doris Day movies!
I am with Lisel - I'm never confident that I can pull it off either - but I try here & there! So if you find a money tree can I have one branch? or some seeds?