Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Birthday Party For Tato Tot!

 Mateo's birthday came a little early this year.
Between the Ward Christmas party and numerous boutiques,
I wasn't sure how I would pull it off!
Things worked out though, even if his party was a week
before his actual birthday,
but who's counting?
He was spoiled rotten!
Of course he wasn't interested in unwrapping presents
so his big brother was happy to step in.
And I have to say, he WAS dressed this morning!
In RED, I might add!
Do you like Tato's hat?
He also got a U of U basketball too.
He loved all of his presents!
 He was pretty tired after all the
present unwrapping. :)
                                                                We were happy most of
                                                            our family was able to be here
                                                                    for Mateo's big day!
 Playing with the super cool
tunnel from Grandma and Grandpa!
 Mateo chose the theme for his party.
It was "Mit-tey M-ow-sh"
I am a horrible mother.
I tried making his cake
but ruined it as I was pulling it out of the pan.
Manuel had to run to Wal-Mart
30 minutes before his party started to grab a cake.
(Sorry Tato! I will try harder next year!)
 Blowing out the candles!
He thought it was fun to have
everyone sing "birf-day" to him!
                                                             Cheesy boy eating cake!
The best part of a birthday- playing with all
the new toys!
 
I will post his official "2 Years Old"
post on his actual birthday. :)

4 comments:

Megs said...

I love that he got u of u gear for his birthday and had a fun time!

Megane said...

Oh Mateo! He is such a cutie! i can't believe he is 2, where does time go?
I feel with you on the clothes/pajamas thing. during the summer Sarah would Immediately take off All clothes except her undies, I would barely be walking in the door when she was already done getting undressed. So frustrating sometimes, but you learn to live with it and if being in their pajamas (or half naked) is most comfy for them and keeps them happy, then I am all for it. I am picking and choosing my battles! hang in there with him, he will eventually grow out of this stage. Just wait for when he will get dressed and pick out mismatched clothes to wear out! Sarah has chosen some "Fun" clothes to wear to preschool! Tell Mateo happy Birthday from all of us! love you guys!

LadySVR said...

We just love Tatoelicious! I can't believe he is (almost) 2! It was an AWESOME party! I'm sorry your cake didn't work out but it smelled DELICIOUS! Good thing for Wal-Mart, without it you wouldn't have had the blue teeth photo of Mateo which is just adorable!!

Laura Burtis said...

Such a fun party Holli! Happy Birthday Mateo!! That picture of him smiling with cake is my FAVE! He is hilarious!! Love that little boy :)