Here's a few of the funny things Mateo has said recently:
-While making his Ferb toy "fly": "AHHH! I don't have wings!"
-"Now that's what I call busted!"
-A little dog was running around Ream's parking lot: "Tan I have that doggy, Mommy? Pleeease?! He's my doggy!"
-Picks up his foam sword, looks at his dad, and says: "Let's dance!"
Smarty pants Sam always has something to say. I can't believe some of the things he comes up with. Things like:
-"I love Ben. He reminds me of when I was zero."
- Singing a song about how to write the number "3" he stops and says, "It's like a creepy 'o'!"
- He had been complaining about church. I asked him why he didn't like Primary. His response: "Brother B and Brother P just don't understand me!"
- He recently wrote a letter to Santa Claus. Our house is rather old and Manuel has found some weird stuff, including a leather strap with jingle bells on it. Sam must have assumed it was Santa's because his letter went like this: "Dear Santa Claus, I will give you your belt back and you bring me presents. Sam"
Speaking of Santa Claus, I've been thinking about Christmas a lot. I tend to go overboard and buy more than I should. Not that we go into debt for Christmas, but the boys have SO much stuff! I am trying to clean out our toy room and I can't believe how much crap the boys have. And they're always getting more! I like the things that can fit into categories because then they can go in their own little tote. It's the ginormous things or the random things that don't fit anywhere that drive me nuts! I also hate McDonald's and their crappy toys because my kids get attached and then I can't get rid of them. We don't eat McDonald's very often now and it's helped with my sanity a little.Anyway, back to Christmas. I really need to exercise some self control. Especially on Black Friday. Since the boys are still young we can still get away with a simple Christmas. I should probably take advantage of that for now because before we know it, Sam's going to be asking us for ridiculously expensive items. Except he did ask for an iPod Touch so it may be starting already! Yikes!
5 comments:
I feel the SAME WAY about Christmas! We are actually doing a Homemade Christmas this year. Hopefully it will be everything I am hoping it will. ;)
HAHA! I love that picture of Mateo! Lol - he is just too cute! And I love Sam's letter to Santa Claus! Oh and I cannot believe Sam asked for an iPod Touch! ROFL!!! That is just hilarious!!
I love the ultimatum Sam gave Santa Claus...that's the way to do it! And yes, I've always tried to do smaller Christmases because I know they will be deadly really soon. Yikes! :)
I've done a tiny bit of Christmas shopping already. I'm also trying to keep it small and simple. I'm not good at it... but I've been thinking that if I make that the norm while they're little then maybe they won't expect a HUGE Christmas as they get older. Problem with that is that I have NO self control. lol
Did you really already put up your tree? You would be shot in my family :) My dad had a strict don't even mention Christmas until after Thanksgiving rule :) How are you doing? I hope you feel that life is back to normal now that Ben is over 3 months.
Post a Comment