Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Two Months!

I really don't like how quickly time passes now that I have 3 kids. I just want them to stay little for awhile! Our little peanut is already 2 months old! He is still such a good baby, and I really hope he stays that way. Mateo was pretty melllow, but now he's insane! Let's hope Ben just stays laid back and mellow. I don't want another crazy one!  I still can't get over how adorable he is!
 Ben does very well in a rather insane house. I want to cry sometimes from all the noise, so the fact that Ben can handle most of it amazes me.

  It's Ben to the rescue!
(This one's for you, Megan!)
 Ben was blessed on Sept 25th. Since things have been crazy, and we blessed him on Manuel's birthday, we tried to keep things simple with a smaller guest list (mainly immediate family) and easy food (baked potato bar). I had a 3 day boutique the same weekend, and if it weren't for my mom, there's no way I would have survived! She basically did everything for me and I can't thank her enough!
I've had a couple people tell me that Benicio is a weird name. Manuel overheard a lady in our ward say, "they gave this one a weird name too!" First of all, Samuel is not a weird name. Second of all, if you ever watched All My Children in the 90s you would be familiar with the name, Mateo. My mom used to (emphasis on USED to) watch that soap opera, and I've had a crush on Mark Consuelos ever since he played Mateo on All My Children. Why wouldn't I name my cute son after a rather dishy television character? (Just don't tell Manuel!)

Third and last of all, I love the name Ben. I've never met a Ben that I didn't like. Actually, when I was younger I had an enormous crush on a boy named Ben. Don't worry, you probably don't know him, unless you happen to be his sister and also happen to be reading my blog right now. :) That's not why I love the name Ben though. I just do. :) Right around when we lost our little baby, and found out the surviving twin was a boy, I had been reading about King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon. He was an amazing leader, and I asked Manuel what he thought about naming the baby Benjamin, but with Spanish pronunciation instead of English. Manuel agreed, but then decided that he wasn't crazy about Benjamin, especially since no one would say it with the Spanish pronunciation.  I was already attached to the name Ben, and I just felt like that was what the baby's name was supposed to be. Manuel is very proud of his heritage, and likes our kids to have Hispanic names. I don't really care for a lot of the more popular and widely used Spanish names, so I made Manuel find a Spanish name that we could shorten to Ben. It was down to Benito or Benicio, and I think he and Sam made the right choice. :)

So there you have it. All of the reasons why my kids DO NOT have weird names. And if after reading this, you still think they're weird, just keep it to yourself. Because I don't really care, and it's kind of mean. Plus, since I have super cute kids they can pretty much get away with any name we give them. Maybe. :)
Ben at two months. We love our cuddly little guy! He's such a sweet baby. He loves to be swaddled (neither one of my other kids did) and is very enthusiastic when he eats. :) It's actually kind of embarrassing, but he loves his food! He is an AWESOME sleeper! Mateo woke up every 1 1/2 hours and it was HARD. Ben only wakes up twice a night and I can totally handle that. He had his 2 month well baby appointment yesterday. He was not happy about the shots, and was miserable last night. It broke my heart! All he wanted was to be held, but the slightest movement would make him cry because his little legs hurt so much. I hate shots, but they are necessary.
                                                
Ben's 2 month STATS
Height: 21.9 inches (20th percentile)
Weight: 10 lbs 3 oz (10-20th percentile)

He's a little guy, and I hope he stays that way for awhile!

5 comments:

S said...

I love all the boys names!! I think Mateo is my favorite name, with Benicio close behind. And yes you do have some pretty cute kids. :)

Laura Burtis said...

He is so stinking cute! I LOVE the one of him smiling while Mateo is holding his hand! SO adorable! And I don't think any of their names are odd... I happen to love them all - and they fit them all so well too!

LadySVR said...

Weird names? You know where I stand on that topic! You could have named them anything & they would still be the cutest kids on the block (of course, this title is shared with my kiddos) We only use nicknames in this house - Ben is BenTeoSam & Mateo is of course Tatolicious, Licious or TeoSam! Sam is the only one we call by his given name, and thats only if he isn't Mario or Sonic! Love the pics!! ADORABLE KIDS!!

Unknown said...

You are too funny! I love you so much! Your boys are so stinking adorable! We were throwing around names the other night and he said Mateo! Love it! You are an amazing mom, woman and friend! I'm so glad we have been able to reconnect after so many years!

Megan said...

Sorry it took me so long to comment! I've been doing everything from my phone, and as I've mentioned in the past, my phone won't let me comment on your blog. I don't know why, but I apologize. Of course I appreciated the "friends" reference - I laughed right out loud! Every time I think of little Ben, I think of Phoebe saying, "it's ben to the rescue!" Love it. He's edible.

Also...who cares what people think about your names?! At least you have an excuse for hispanic names - your husband is hispanic!!!!! There's nothign wrong with that. Good grief.