I've been thinking that my little sister has been married for a month now and I haven't blogged about it! Part of the reason is because I totally forgot to bring my camera, so I had to wait until she got her pics back from the photographer so I could steal them and post them on my blog. Hope that's ok, Sister! :) Her wedding was beautiful, and I am glad Todd decided to become a member of our family! Even if we are all crazy. :) I adore this picture of Allison and the boys. I can't get over Sam's face!
Sam had been talking about Todd and Allison getting married for awhile now. He was SO excited when the day was finally here! The boys love their Uncle Todd and Aunt Allison (I mean Booja...)
I've also been thinking that Allison and Laura are super photogenic, and I kind of hate them both for it. Just kidding, I can't hate them because I love them, but seriously?! I'm pretty sure I should have been left out of the pictures. I was 2 weeks postpartum, wearing a girdle, and it still didn't hide as much as I would have liked it to. I guess it can't work miracles. :) I'm really trying to work through these body image issues I have, but I think I need to lose 30 pounds before I can actually allow anyone to take pictures of me again. *sigh*
I'm so excited for Allison and Todd! Todd will be graduating from the Police Academy soon, and Allison will start her student teaching. It will be fun to see where life takes them! I just hope it doesn't take them too far from Utah. :)
Clutter has been on my mind a lot lately. I HATE clutter. When I was still working at the credit union, my station was always immaculate. It would drive me NUTS when someone would sit at my station and leave a mess. I remember hearing people say things like, "Oh, Holli's going to be mad at you!" I actually had a sense of pride thinking that cleanliness and order were something I was known for.
Now I'm home all of the time, and I still want to be known for those things. Nearly everything has it's proper place, but I'm running out of room. The clutter is building up and it's driving me NUTS! I want more space. I need more closets. I need more than 4 drawers in my kitchen. I feel like my house is a mess all of the time because of the random piles that I don't have a place for. I'm a huge Friends fan. I loved that show! I still watch it as often as I can. Monica is a neat freak and in one episode, Chandler and Joey break into a closet and find a huge mess. Monica's excuse for the closet is that everything in there wouldn't fit into a category already in her home. That's me! I have a lot of things that just don't have a place. Random things like school papers, grocery ads, coupons, the kids' toys that don't fit into a specific category... I hate all of it.
Right now the thing I hate the most is my pantry. We have a weird little nook off our kitchen that was completely empty when we moved in. Manuel made some shelves for me, so now that is where we store our food, but it is an embarrassing mess. I need a solution, and fast! We had a Relief Society activity on organization awhile ago, and my friend, Lisel, had shown us pictures of the beautiful pantry you see above from the The House of Smith's. I want a pantry like this! I decided I need to go treasure hunting at the DI so I can find random baskets and such that can store/hide things in my mess of pantry. I need cleanliness! I NEED order! I don't want CLUTTER! My new goal is to get back to the organized freak I once was... just not as crazy. :)









5 comments:
I am truly lovin' the Thoughtful Thursdays! The pics from Booja's (lol - yeah I just called her that) wedding are BEAUTIFUL! I love how they captured Sam's facial expressions! They are amazing! As for your new goal - I cannot help you I am a clutter monster, but I do know what is in each pile (I think)!!
Sam's face is PRICELESS!!!! And lady, you're gorgeous. Remember that! And yes...clutter is something that we bonded on. I don't even think I need to comment because...well..you know how I feel! Love you so much!
Those photos are beautiful!! Sometimes it takes me back to see how grown everyone is getting especially Jesse and Mariel. I forget that I'm not the only one that grows up! You are beautiful inside and out. I hate clutter and am feeling exactly how you feel.
Love the wedding pictures! I cannot wait to see the rest of them! And thanks so much for the compliment... But really, when I look at myself in the pictures, all I see is mullet :) You look gorgeous in the pictures, Holli! You are totally photogenic!
Oh and I LOVE that top picture! Sam looking at Allison is just too cute! Great post!
I am also a neat freak...Monica-like. I love the picture of Sam as a ring bearer...especially with the sponge bob band aid on his thumb. :) Too Cute!!
Post a Comment