Friday, April 20, 2012

All About Disneyland: A lot of Pictures, and a Few Words.

We were SO excited for our trip to Disneyland! In fact, I think Manuel and I may have been more excited than the boys. :) Grandma and Grandpa decided to fly out and join us for a couple days, which made it even better! The boys didn't know my parents were coming, so Tuesday morning, there was a knock on our hotel door. Manuel opened it up, and my mom walked in, bringing a water bottle that I had forgotten at home. She told Sam she came all the way to California to bring it to him. He just stood there staring at her! I think he was in shock. It was SO funny! I just wish I would have recorded his reaction on camera. It was hilarious.
I had planned, and planned, and thought that I had finally figured Disneyland out. The trick for us, was going to be a hotel at the maingate, so we wouldn't have to take the shuttle because Manuel hates it. It's a pain to get 3 kids, a stroller, and all of our crap off a bus. I found the Comfort Inn MAINGATE, and thought we had hit the jackpot. It had free parking, a free full breakfast, and a free fridge and microwave. As we were driving down Harbor Blvd, and getting farther and farther away from Disneyland, my heart sank. We were almost a mile and a half away from Disneyland! I was SO mad. It was clean, and free breakfast is awesome, but by the 3rd day, I barely made it back to the hotel. I was sore for 3 days after Disneyland! The walking killed me. NEXT time we will be getting a hotel that's really at the maingate! It should be illegal to have "maingate" in your hotel name if you are more than a mile from Disneyland!

A few more things for NEXT time:
-we are going in an off-season time. I thought we would miss the Spring Breakers, but I was wrong. I would really love to go to Disneyland when it isn't super crowded. I think we would enjoy ourselves a lot more.
-my mom introduced me to the amazing world of caramel corn from California Adventure. Holy moly was that stuff delicious! I'm still thinking about it!
-It really does make a difference to pack your own snacks and lunch. Even if I didn't always eat my sandwich. :) Disneyland food gets expensive, so it was nice to have a little extra souvenir money. :) One day, though, I WILL eat at the Blue Bayou. And Ariel's Grotto. Even if I have to go by myself, dang it!
-Get to Toy Story Mania AS SOON as California Adventure opens! No Fast Pass= a horribly long wait!

Anyway, aside from some minor tantrums, and dealing with slightly ungrateful children, we had a good time. :)

Waiting for tickets to get into Disneyland!
 
Sam looks thrilled to meet Donald, doesn't he?
Mateo had talked about all of the characters he wanted to see at Disneyland,
but then he didn't want to have anything to do with them!
Crazy kid.
Poor Sam ended up scared to death on Splash Mountain.
Manuel and I learned the hard way, that just because they were tall enough,
doesn't mean they're ready.
After the ride, Sam told us that it 
"Made his little heart sad."
Grandpa, Tato, & Ben
Meeting Mickey!
We waited in line for about 20 minutes, and when we got there,
Mateo started screaming and didn't want to meet Mickey.
We took our turn, and as we were saying goodbye,
Mateo started screaming AGAIN because he wasn't able to talk to Mickey.
Grandpa had to take him over, and then he STILL didn't want to see Mickey!
That kid kills me sometimes.
Mickey pointing himself out on Mateo's shirt. :)
Mateo was happy to meet this Mickey!
He couldn't stop looking at him.
Cute. :)
Ben was so good!
He napped in the stroller, and in the Baby Bjorn.
He even survived the car trip home.
Such a good baby.
Sam suckered us into an autograph book,
and they're really a giant waste of money.
Especially since some of his favorite characters can't sign autograph books.
Sam decided to sign Buzz's name for him.
Buzz Lightyear!
Daddy and Grandpa, all tired out.
Poor Mateo was asleep when we saw most of the characters!
We were excited to see Sully!
Too bad our Sully was asleep. :)
I love this pic!
Can you tell Mateo just woke up from a nap?
We were waiting for Disney Jr to start.
Mateo loves watching Disney Jr, and was singing along to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
and Jake & the Neverland Pirates. It was too cute!
I think it was his favorite part of the whole day!
Sam driving in Autopia.
I really hate this ride. 
Goofy and Pluto!
We're pretty sure they were headed back in for a break, when a line formed by Pluto.
When that happened, we jumped in as well because we really hadn't taken a lot 
of pics with characters.
It was kind of frustrating because people were trying to shove their kids in from the side
instead of waiting in line.
I thought Disneyland was supposed to be the happiest place on earth,
but I really wanted to punch some people!
Cute Sam wearing the ugliest hat ever made.
Woody!
Smiley Ben
Sleepy Tato
Grumpy Daddy

I already miss Disneyland! Today, I was driving down Bacchus Highway (it's a little 'hilly') and as we were going down a hill, Mateo put his arms up and said, "Woo-hoo! Splash Mountain!" He also asked me if we could go back to Disneyland. I'm guessing that means he had a good time. :) I really love Disneyland! I am hoping we can go as a family when Jesse gets home from his mission. It would be so fun! Manuel says we won't go back for at least 5 more years, but that's what he said last time. (AND it was HIS idea to go this time!) Can't wait until we go back! Love that place! 

8 comments:

Amanda Martinez said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! Your pictures make me so excited to have kids and take them one day! :) Disneyland is pretty awesome! But it's true... some people really need a slap in the face with a chair ;) When my family went they wanted to just RUSH through it and finish the park in a day! We tried... but someday I want to go and take my time and actually ENJOY it next time... :) I'm glad you guys did! I can only imagine Sam's face when Julie showed up!

Jen said...

I've never really had a desire to go to Disneyland (is it unamerican to say that?) but your trip sounds like way fun :) cute kids.

RH said...

Let me know when you guys plan to go again. California residents get Disneyland tickets a lot cheaper! Plus we'll definitely need to get together and go to the beach or something. That'd be so much fun! Our boys would have a blast!!

Holli said...

Thanks Amanda!

Jen: I am pretty sure that's unamerican :) Just kidding :)

Talisha: For sure! That would be awesome! And I know you have a ton of people to visit when you come here, but I'd love to get together with you if you ever make it here :)

Tawnya said...

Ok, that makes me want to go!

And Holli, you look so good!

Laura Burtis said...

SO much fun!! I love all of the pictures! And I lol'd at your comment about Sam's hat! Too funny! What a great trip Holli, I know the boys will always remember and cherish the memories!

Megan said...

I love all the pictures! I'm so glad you guys decided to go. what a blast. I am also still laughing about Sam on splash mountain. poor little sad heart. ;) love you all!

Jamie said...

Looks like a great day!