Monday, February 16, 2009

First Born Questionnaire



My friend Jana posted this on her blog and it was so cute I had to do it! Thanks Jana! :) I tag anyone that would like to do it too!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Not really. Sam was a convenient surprise. (I was totally baby hungry and knew we were ready to have one but it was kind of hard convincing Manuel- he's totally on board now though! :) )
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes. We were married a little over a year.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I couldn't believe it was actually happening!
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? The normal way... a missed monthly visitor and then a test. (Which the first one was negative because I didn't know it was best to take it in the morning, but I KNEW I had to be pregnant!)
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Manuel
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Of course! I am too much of a control freak not to know!
8. DUE DATE? August 21, 2006
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Horrible morning sickness that lasted until my 3rd Trimester! It was horrible!
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Pizza and Laffy Taffy (the tangy kind you can only find at gas stations)
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Pretty much anyone in the world annoyed me. I had a hard time eating at my in-laws house because I had to restrain myself from slapping my niece. (I HATE eating noises!) My mom says I am really mean when I am pregnant. I actually got in a screaming match with a guy in the hospital parking lot. I know... who knew right?
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy (my doctor called it a "Vienna Sausage.")
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Not at all. I always wanted to have a boy first so he could watch out for his younger siblings.
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN? 11 pounds, and I am not lying! My doctor basically told me I was a freak of nature with my weight gain. I ended up 20 pounds lighter at my 6 week visit! Don't worry though, I gained it all back and then some!
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes I did. My mom and my aunt threw one for me.
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? There are no surprises in our family!
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not at all. I was put on Iron supplements because I was anemic, but nothing other than that.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? At Cottonwood hospital.
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 11 hours (too bad this isn't for second born- Mateo was a whole 2 hours 45 minutes!)
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Manuel did. I got tired of hearing "are you okay?" every time I would work through a contraction. Actually, he was great and didn't annoy me at all when I was in labor- I was a little shocked!
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Manuel, my mom, and somehow my mother-in-law
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Heck yes I did! Why would I deny myself such a wonderful blessing from Heavenly Father? Yay for epidurals!
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs 13 oz
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? August 22, 2006
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD? Samuel David (this is actually a Spanish name, but it works both ways!)
27. HOW DID THE FATHER REACT TO THE NEW BABY? He was (and still is) wonderful. I couldn't ask for a better father for my kids!
28. DID YOU EXPERIENCE ANY POST-PARTUM DEPRESSION OR BABY BLUES? I was a mess after I had Sam! I'd cry for no reason at all! Looking back, I am pretty sure I had post-partum but I never realized it until much later.
29. BREAST OR BOTTLE? Breast fed. Sam would take a bottle while I was at work but other than that he was all about the breastfeeding!
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST-BORN TODAY? He will be 2 1/2 on the 22nd.

1 comment:

LadySVR said...

I LOVE IT! This is a very awesome "Questionnaire"! I love stuff like this! I'm off to go do mine now!