I didn't even think Sam noticed that Jack was gone. This morning was the first time he had said anything about it and asked me where Jack's bowl was. I told him that Jack had gone to live with some very nice people and that he wasn't going to be here anymore. His reaction: "ohhh..." I was sure he didn't get what I was saying but I wasn't going to press the matter any further. A few minutes ago Odie was laying behind me on the floor. Here is the dialogue that went on between Sam and myself.
Sam: "Odie's sad, Mama."
Me: "He's sad?"
Sam: "Yeah. He lost his best friend."
Me: "His best friend?"
Sam: Yeah. His best friend, Jack."
Never in a million years would I have expected an answer like that from a 2 year old. I immediately started crying and realized that he really does know what happened. He recognizes that Odie is sad and that Jack won't be here anymore. Wow.
3 comments:
Sammy is so smart! That is so cute that he realized that Odie and Jack were BFF's =). Love him!
That is so sad. Glad that Jack found a good home and that Sam took it well.
Sam is so smart and I just love this! It's sad, but it's also really adorable.
Post a Comment