Today is a sad day, and I think the current weather reflects my mood. Jack got a new home today. I thought it would be easy to give him up considering the dog only lived to annoy me, but now the house seems quieter and a little empty. I have been crying off and on all day since I got the phonecall. A nice single mom from Richfield drove almost three hours to come get him. She saw the ad on KSL and fell in love with him immediately. Jack will now have 3 boys to love him, and 2 acres to run around in. I am glad we found him a good home, but I am feeling a loss instead of the relief I thought I'd feel. I am still trying to figure out how to tell Sam that his "Jackie" won't be living with us anymore. He was asleep when Jack left, and I still can't seem to stop crying. I know I'll be okay in a few days, but I am totally shocked at my reaction to the whole situation. I know he'll be happy in his new home, but he will definitely be missed.
3 comments:
Holli!
Its always hard to let go of a dog! I am sorry you guys had to do this! Sad Day :(.
I'm sorry Holli! I understand what it's like to do the "necessary" but it just makes everything harder, I swear. Anyways, know that I'm thinking about you. It makes me sad that you were sad.
Oh! Holli! I remember Jack, and when you got him. At least all of your memories will be good funny ones. :0)I'm sorry you had a rough day. But it definitely sounds like he will be loved still!
Post a Comment