Okay all you hot mamas out there, I need some advice! How in the world do you potty train a crazy boy? Sam is showing many signs of "potty readiness" but everytime we try to pull it all together and try to get him on the potty he refuses! Frankly, I am tired of changing nasty 2 1/2 year old diapers- not to mention the cost of buying diapers times 2! I have heard there are differences between training girls and boys, but any advice would be great! Thanks ahead of time!
3 comments:
I like to do an all or nothing potty training. I choose a week where we don't really have anywhere to go so that we can focus on that. I let the kid choose new big boy underpants and some fun drinks the day before. We start in the morning and just drink and sit on the potty all day! We make a huge fuss when they do it in the potty and we use a sticker chart. Once their chart is full they get to choose a toy or someplace to go. I don't go back to diapers even when it would be more convenient because I think it's confusing for the kid. I do use diapers at night the first couple of weeks, but I sneak it on over the underpants, so they can still feel if they get wet. I've never used pull-ups (again, I think it's confusing - sometimes it's OK to go in your pants, sometimes it's not?) I think that's about it, but let me know if you have any other questions. I'm thinking Lily is almost ready too - maybe I wouldn't have to do the 2 kids in diapers thing this time :) Good Luck!!
I'm so excited that when it comes time to do potty training for Em, you will already have all the answers I need. ;)
Holli good luck my son is showing alot of interest in potty too. We decieded we will invest in a potty this week but I am not so excited to potty train. I was told that dedicating a week to it is the best way. good luck and we are doing very well but the ajustment to two is harder than I exspected.
Post a Comment