Sam is now in day four of a diaperless existence. I love it. I have spent many sleepless nights fretting over why I am such a failure of a mother. I didn't think he'd ever potty train! It just happened out of the blue. One day I noticed his diaper was dry in the morning so I made him sit on the potty. Now, most professionals would tell you that forcing this on a child is not helpful, but my kid is stubborn. I knew if he would just let it happen it would all "click." Sam is a very smart little boy- I knew he was capable of going potty- he just refused to do it! The very next day he was at grandma's house and noticed his Mater underwear sitting on the piano and decided that he wanted to wear them and go potty- it was all his idea! So the pleading and begging had no influence on him. He didn't care what I bribed him with. In usual Sam style, it was up to him and no one else. We are so proud of him!
1 comment:
Congrats Sam!!! Jaysie is finally all potty trained too. Thank the Lord- no more diapers at my house. :)
Post a Comment