Our little family has been through quite a rollercoaster ride the past couple months. Right around Christmas we were informed that Manuel wouldn't have work for a very long time. The company laid off 5 of their workers, and luckily, Manuel wasn't one of them. I did not take this with grace and stride. It threw me into a panic. I didn't know what we were going to do. I cried nonstop for days. I think Manuel thought I had lost it. We realized that we needed to turn to the Temple. So we went and both felt comforted... then I started to doubt everything. Stupid Satan. We have had many blessings come along that have helped us out tremendously. My problem, is that I expected within a few days Manuel would be back into 40+ work weeks, but it didn't happen. It still hasn't happened.
However, instead of having no work, he has been working a few hours a day, driving a piece of the pipeline checking for leaks because there had been a drop in pressure- over a month and a half ago. They were told that last week would be their final drive of the line, but it didn't happen. He's driving the line right now as I type. It hasn't been easy, but we have been just fine. We have had enough for our needs and haven't even had to touch our savings. It is always amazing to witness the hand of the Lord in your life. I think sometimes I take things for granted, and sometimes I think that my prayers should be answered according to my schedule. But that isn't the way it works. Through all of this, I have learned that I have no control over some things in my life, and the only thing I can do is have faith. I know that my Heavenly Father knows us, and is mindful of our needs. I am so grateful for that.
4 comments:
I know you don't listen to country music, but the song 'Unanswered Prayers' by Garth Brooks is amazing! Many times I've prayed & wondered why things didn't happen the way I wanted them to & assumed he just forgot to answer them.
I look back at things now and I never prayed to be married to my hubby or to have Emi or to have Will, and he gave me you for a friend...I couldn't be more grateful that HE always knows what & when I've needed something - regardless of what I thought I wanted or needed!!
Great post! I couldn't say it better. You are so inspirational to me, always remember that. Sorry I haven't been commenting much - but I have been reading your posts. For some reason, your blog (and a few select others) won't let me comment from my phone. It's dumb, but it means that I don't comment as often because I usually read stuff from google reader on my phone. Anyways...I have been reading & I love you & your little family VERY MUCH! :) Please, let's play soon! I'm dying to get together with you. We don't do it often enough. The drive isn't that bad, either.
so true. You're such a neat woman holli. We all need to realize that our timeline should mold to fit the lord's timeline- not the other way around. He knows what is best for us. I totally know where you're coming from.
I am glad that you are being taken care of through this hard time. It is amazing to sit back and realize just how much we are blessed in our lives.
Post a Comment