Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Valentine{s}

Now, Valentine's day has not always been my favorite. I blame television, but there's always some picture in your head of what it "should" be like. Also, I am not into all the mushy gushy stuff. Seriously. Thinking about a candlelight dinner just makes me uncomfortable. Maybe I'm broken- who knows. Anyway, I signed up to feed the missionaries Saturday, so today was our day to celebrate the big V-day. At first, I thought Manuel had forgotten or had no intention of taking his wife out to dinner. Luckily he passed the test and asked me if I wanted to go do something tonight. Of course I accepted!
Now, before I go on, a big thanks to the Feds for returning the money we paid them last year. I always knew they took too much from us! :) I am very grateful for the country in which I live, but sometimes I don't think freedom should cost as much as it does when it comes to taxes! Okay- no one get mad or offended. I am totally kidding, but so SO grateful for e-files and direct deposits. So thanks to our tax return, my husband was able to take me out on a date! A real date- with no kids! This included dinner at Red Lobster (can't beat 2 for $29.99!) and a quick jaunt to the mall. Manuel even went into Victoria's Secret with me so I could grab some underwire support! He was a trooper while I was in the dressing room. Completely mortified, and refused to hold my bras, but a real trooper. Now that's true love! Where we went wasn't what made it great though. It was that we were out spending time together not chasing kids or convincing Sam to eat his food. It was just the two of us, and we had a blast! We love being together as a family, but it is so easy to get caught up in everything that we often overlook how important it is to spend time as a couple as well. So thanks to my amazing husband for a super-fun night!
Here's just a few things I love about my Valentine{s}
1. Manuel: Gave me two beautiful little boys
Brings me flowers just because
Gets really excited if you politely ask a question about VWs. It turns into a 20 minute explanation that really could have been simply answered in 2... which is normally all I really need. It's good to be passionate about things though! It's too cute!
Works hard to make sure I am able to stay at home with my boys. He sacrifices a lot for us- especially me- and I am so lucky to have a husband that supports my desire to be home.
2. Samuel: Is quick to give hugs and kisses
Tells me I am his "Best Mama" which translates to "Best friend"
Draws me pictures all of the time
Always remembers to bless the food. He even blessed the corn dog he ate the other day all by himself. "Nourish and strengthen our bodies" is one of the cutest phrases to come from the tiny voice of a three year old!"
Has the best sense of humor. He is one funny kid!
3. Mateo: Gives the slobberiest (so not a word!) kisses around
Opens his mouth really wide just to get people to laugh at him
Is such a sweet, cuddly boy
Is a total momma's boy and I hope that never stops.
I love my Valentine's!

2 comments:

LadySVR said...

I love reading your blog! I love the way you write about life & love! I find it HILARIOUS that your hubby went into the shop with you, that would have been so funny to see! Even if he didn't hold your bras, that is just AWESOME! You have a great hubby! And your boys, however much they can get crazy, are DARLING! They are all lucky to have you in their lives! As am I!
Emi asked what I was doing, and I told her I was commenting on your blog, she said, "Oh I love her". Kids are cute!! Happy Valentines Day to you & your AWESOME family!!

Anonymous said...

When Matt and I were just dating, I sent him to Sams club to buy me tampons. He and his best friend went. They came back with tampons and suckers. They got suckers cause they didnt want to just buy tampons. I laughed my butt off at them when they returned. I make fun of him all the time.