Friday, February 5, 2010

Mr. Attitude


Our little Mateo has gone from a sweet little baby to a crazy and very active toddler. His vocabulary has recently exploded- it seems like he has a new word everyday! He even talks back! Whenever I tell him to stop doing something, he'll point his finger at me and say, "No, no!" He loves to follow his brother and Odie around. The other day we got home from running errands and he ran to the back door, looked at me, and said "Oda!" (That is his version of "Odie.") Although he is starting to have a major attitude, he is still a pretty easy going kid. He loves to dance, and for some reason his security item is an eating utensil. Seriously. If this kid doesn't have a spoon or fork in his hand he is not happy. I try to steer clear of the forks since I picture him falling and poking his eye out, but somehow he finds the forks anyway. I have never seen this type of attachment before. It's not even like he's carrying it around because he wants food, he just likes holding it and protests if it gets taken away.

Here are some funny and
sweet things Mateo can do: He likes to say "cheese!" for the camera
"Oda!" is his favorite word.
Points to a picture and says, "Jesus"
LOVES bananas, and asks for "Na-nas" all of the time
Sings as soon as he hears music
Shuts his eyes really tight for no reason. Just to be funny.
He has the funniest laugh ever.

I am sure milestone posts aren't a big deal to readers, but I was thinking about Mateo and all of the funny things he does. I guess it would be more appropriate to write these kind of things in a baby book, but we all know that I am incapable of keeping those up to date! So forgive this post if it is boring or annoying. One day I will transfer this to a book or something so at least I am making some sort of effort! Sam and Mateo keep me entertained all day long. I am so grateful for my boys. I know that even on days when I am feeling the worst, my boys are always here to give me a hug or a slobbery kiss. Love it.

2 comments:

Seth, Keri, Con and Finn said...

Your boys are hilarious :) I can't believe how big Mateo is getting! I love these little posts so keep sharing...

LadySVR said...

Tatoelicious!!! The spoon & fork attachment is just TOO CUTE!! I agree with Keri - love the posts so keep sharing!