Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bugged

Today I was so ticked off by something that I decided today would be a day for "Things That Must Go." So get ready for a lot of rantings. :)

Thing #1- Getting 3 people ready, out the door, and loaded up in the stroller only to realize as I am walking down the street that one of the tires is completely flat. Boo. Then I attempt to locate a tire pump in the shed and realize the only source of air would be Husband's air compressor. Double Boo. Decide to ditch the double and deal with 2 kids and a single jogger. Triple Boo.

Thing #2- Being late. I HATE it. I was supposed to meet a friend at 9:30 and was 10 minutes late due to printer problems, a three year old that refuses to get dressed when asked, and then decided he needed to go to the bathroom the minute I am ready to get out the door.

Thing #3- That no matter how much I scrub my house, I still feel like it is a disaster. I'll get a few rooms shiny and spotless, go to work on a few more rooms, and return to find shiny rooms destroyed. Then my heart drops to my stomach and I want to cry. Pretty sure I did cry the other day.

Thing #4- Losing precious naptime. S hasn't taken regular naps in ages. I really miss them. It's not that I don't love my children, or want to spend time with them, but sometimes Mom really needs a break. It would be nice to keep the house clean for a good 30 minutes.

Thing #5- This is the big one. People making ignorant/rude/self-centered/you name it comments on Facebook. Today I was making my usual scroll down the Home page and noticed someone had posted a thought about how precious life is and how the Lord is mindful of us, and the word "death" was included. I really felt for the person that originally made the comment and wondered if she had recently lost someone. As I read the comments people had posted one person in particular posted something completely inappropriate and selfish. In fact, it was posted THREE different times. I was instantly angry, and had to stop myself from commenting. It made me feel awful for the original commentor because I felt her feelings and thoughts were
being trivialized by this other person. I just wish people were more sensitive to others' needs and feelings. I am starting to consider removing myself from Facebook altogether.

6 comments:

LadySVR said...

Triple Boo with you on #1. As for #2, anyone that has kids TOTALLY understands (if they don't then poo-poo on them) :) I have no response to #3 or #4 - I'm just glad I'm not alone in those same thoughts! #5 - I've considered removing myself as well - same reason too! I know I have done it a few times too but some people need to be smacked for the ignorant things they write. Here is my take on FB posts - if you wouldn't say it the person's face you shouldn't say it on their page!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Holli, I love you. #1-4 is the neverending joys of motherhood, maybe I am not missing out on being a SAHM. Only kidding. I know I am. #5 I think I know who you are referring too, but not sure because I put this person on my blocked list and it doesnt show any of her idiotsy. That might be something to consider for you to do? Block her, it includes everything she posts on her wall as well as when she writes on anyone elses walls.

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

ha ha...so true holli. don't worry- I just laughed it off. The only reason I'll never off my fb page is because we can stay in touch with all of jack's family living all over the U.S. So I really don't take too many things offensively on there because people hit send before proofreading. or idiot proofing ;)

Holli said...

So true about the idiot proofing. :) It wasn't that I was offended by it, I just wondered how the original postee was affected by the comments- that's what made me mad. I normally just ignore most posts by certain people, but the last one couldn't be brushed off for some reason.

Primitive Designs said...

I agree with Sara. Do they really think that posting it instead of saying face- to- face hurts less or discounts the evil, hateful things they say? People are cowards and have to hide behind a screen. Here's what I have to say about that, "If you don't have the guts to say it to my face then heaven help you when I catch up to you after you have posted it online." (and that goes double for saying things about my family too!!)

MXB said...

Hey Holli here is a tip I have learned about nap time. Some days Eliza wont take a nap because she is so hyper. So to get the break I need I put her in her room and shut the door for a half hour or so. I have a child proof door knob so she can't get out. Sometimes she cries a lot so I just turn off her monitor, other times she will just play in the room. I think it is important to have your time even if you child wants to take a nap or not. It keeps me sane.