Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Neglected


So with my new freedom, I have started reading for fun again. In the past week I have read three books. Two of them over the past 3 days. (That would be The Hunger Games and Catching Fire). I didn't realize how much I loved to read until it was gone for so long, and I've really missed it. So much better than watching TV. The problem is that the last two books were SO good I could barely put them down. I just had to finish. Today I was close to finishing Catching Fire, so I would try to read when the kids took a nap, but I read a little more than I should have. Want to know how I figured that out? Here's how- Sam: "Mommy, I want to hold you. But will you put the book down, please?" How sad is that? I felt so bad! I think I'll have to take a break from books for a while before Sam feels totally and completely neglected. Poor kid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont feel bad, sometimes mommy needs some time. And we know you dont neglect your kids. Love the picture of S by the way! Cute cute!

LadySVR said...

That is NOT neglect! You are displaying a passion for the written word.

TV/Movies - the adventure is already created & it leaves almost nothing to the imagination! Reading is something people don't share with their kids anymore...I think it's AWESOME!!

I'm totally inspired - I'm pulling out a book I've wanted to read for a while & I'm going to start it today (after we go to Michaels)!!

Preston & Courtney Dial said...

I am sad to say Kaleb has said the same thing to me... I have to take breaks for reading, because I have no self control to read little bits here and there I have an overwhelming drive to finish the book...