To graduate! I really can't believe the day has finally arrived. Yesterday I took my last test, and today I turned in my L-A-S-T paper. I even wrote it this morning with three crazy kiddos running around - crazy, I know. Then something weird happened when I went to turn my paper in to my professor. I felt a tinge of sadness. Isn't that crazy?!? What the heck is wrong with me?! It has taken me SO long to finish my degree, there is no logical reason for me to feel sad about it! I have such a long list of things that I want to do now that school is over- I should be relieved, not sad! So apparently there's something wrong with me. At least that's my interpretation of it!
I know that I will eventually return to school to get a Master's degree, but I think that will be years down the road. For now, I am excited to feel a little less stressed, and have a little more time to do the things I have wanted to. Like read a book. Yes, and actual book. Not a TEXTBOOK, a real book. Also, I want to learn how to can. There are some pretty talented ladies in my ward and I think I should hit them up to teach me. Want to know some other things I have wanted to do? Here they are: learn to make homemade tortillas, work on letter recognition with Sam, turn our backyard into a beautiful place, learn how to crochet, actually USE the stamps I have bought from Stamp Club the past 2 years, organize and repaint the basement... I really could go on forever. Although I am sad that this major chapter in my life is closing, it will be so nice to have more time to do the things I have wanted to do. Not saying school ever came first, but at least now I won't feel guilty about it!
So I know this picture is random, but I was given a new camera for graduation, and it is AWESOME! It's an SLR and I am still trying to figure out how to use it, but I love it already! This was the first picture I took on it, and I am rather pleased. Hopefully I'll get better at it!
8 comments:
I love the photo! "SD" has the cutest looks!! I am so proud of you! I am impressed you could anything done with my crazy boy around! CONGRATS!!! I can't wait for you to get to your list of things to do...let me know when you make tortillas - I LOVE to eat them! And, I love to paint so you get the supplies & I would be happy to come over & help in the basement!
I love your guts!! WAY TO GO HOLLI!! Long trip but well worth it!!
So happy for you! But don't worry and think you're crazy about the school sadness - it STILL happens to me when back to school time rolls around. I ache for new pencils, pens, and notebooks. I tend to forget the actual horror of classes. :) Love you!
Yay! Congrats to you. Isnt it nice to know you can finally sit down and just read that book, whichever book it may be. I would so love to help you with any of your projects, as long as I am not at work that day. And yay for the new camera, I am still learning myself, but if you have questions, just ask. Woo Hoo for graduating!
Congrats! What an accomplishment and a relief! I can't say I ever felt sad - even a little! My list of things to do and learn grows ever longer, even without school. Oh ya, that's because I keep having kids :) It's definitely nice not to have the pressure of studying or having a paper due. Plus, a new SLR - LUCKY!!
Congratulations! I remember my last day in class, I felt a little bit sad. I don't think I was sad to not have to go to school, but it was more sad to not be learning new things every semester. I also probably wont be getting a masters, at least not for many years down the road. So my bachelors is pretty much it for me. Anyway I hope you have a good time at graduation! Hooray!
WHOOT WHOOT!!! Congrats Holli!!! We are SO proud of you!!!
Post a Comment