Monday, April 26, 2010

Some Random Thoughts... News... You Name It!

So anyone that knows me well, knows that I can be rather random at times. So prepare yourself for a whole lot of random! :)
1. I love Mondays. Weird, I know-right? I feel like on Monday, I have a clean slate. It's like my own personal New Years day that comes once every seven days. Isn't that awesome? I think so! So after a great walk this morning (also a great way to start a Monday) I have taken a deep breath and thought to myself: "Okay, this week I will be more diligent with my scripture reading, more patient with my children, more thorough with my attempt at Spring cleaning, and work really hard to get school out of the way." Actually, as I just typed this I had to stop to yell at S.D. for crushing a piece of Life cereal into the couch. I guess there's always next Monday to be patient with my kids.
2. I have attended a month and a half of Zumba and gained a pound. Yuck. Everyone I talk to claims it's muscle. But they are my friends and love me, so of course they will lie to make me feel better. I have everything I need to start my own Weight Watchers regimen and I just haven't started it yet. Lazy? Scared? All of the above. I am afraid to be hungy, unmotivated to count every blasted thing I eat, nervous about going without my beloved Pepsi... Diet? Yuck and no thank you. Also one of my closest friends is an avid supporter of me eating Blizzards. In fact, we end up eating ice cream just about every time we get together. Evil, isn't it? She is my enabler! What in the world would we do when we get together if we can't get ice cream?!? WHAT IS A WORLD WITHOUT ICE CREAM???! See, I told you this post was random!
3. For months, possibly years, I have been talking about moving. Manuel and I had a "5 year plan" where after 5 years in our first house we would start looking for another. So our 5 year mark is this September. We had discussed it a few months ago and decided to fix up the house to put it on the market this summer. Then we went 4 months without real paychecks and all of a sudden summer is nearly here. Also, Manuel has made a huge decision that I will discuss in my next point, but I have to keep my randomness organized- but this decision has a ripple effect on a lot of other decisions. So anyway, long story short, we decided that staying in our house for a little longer won't kill us (although I am convinced it might) and I should probably feel dumb for going around telling everyone that we were planning on moving, but I'm not going to. Who would have thought that the market would still be bad? It's not my fault! We're just victims of the shabby economy! So now I have plans for the backyard, the basement, the dining room, you name it! A burden has been lifted, and I am feeling much lighter, and not as disappointed as I thought I would.
4. This is the big one. After 33.5 years on this Earth, my husband has finally decided what he wants to be when he grows up! This is HUGE! I probably won't post what he wants to do because that is more for him to announce than me, but if you really want to know just ask me and I will tell you- I would just feel bad being super public about it. He still isn't 100% because this decision will have a direct effect on A LOT of things but he knows that this is what he would like to do, he just isn't sure if this is the right time to do it. Does that make sense? It would involve school, but only a year, and then it would involve a lot of working two jobs until he is established. We hope that it would eventually turn into him owning his own business, because he has a lot of really cool ideas. It also involves the possibility that I would have to go back to work, which literally breaks my heart. It's not that being a working mom is bad, because that is so far from the truth. It's just hard to know that I have only been able to be a stay at home mommy for a little over a year. That is such a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things. They grow so quickly the thought of missing any of it makes me want to cry. I know it will work out, I've just had my faith tried so much the past 4 months that I am exhausted. I need a break before something else comes around. However, I am SOOOO proud of Manuel for finding what he wants to do. We've had the "what should I do with my life" conversation so many times that this really is huge for our family. We just have to find a way to make it work.
5. I am 11 days away from graduation. Isn't that crazy? I never thought I would make it. Totally wanted to quit a million times. So Relieved. If I can survive the next 2 weeks I will be free. Free to read a book, free to not feel guilty doing ANYTHING because I know I have homework waiting.... FREE! Can't believe it is actually happening. Now what?!? :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That wasnt too random. All good things to write about. Mondays are a great day to feel a do over! Its the day that starts your busy week. As far as that extra pound, it probably is just muscle. Not lieing either. I have seen my muscles toning since starting Zumba. The only reason I have lost a couple pounds is because I have really slown down on what I am eating. As far as moving, it will happen when its time. Its so great that Manuel has decided on what he wants to be! I am still stuck in that "what do I want to do with my life" phase. And yay for getting through school! I dont know if I could go back and do it after being out for so long. Kudos my lady, kudos!!

xoxo said...

I love you i miss you! I still read your blog so dont delete it! I sent you something in the mail it should be arriving shortly :]
miss you big sis tell the boys and manty that i miss them as well! xoxoox

Laura Burtis said...

I do think it is weird that you love Mondays... but that's okay - I won't hold it against you ;). Actually, thats a really good attitude to have! I should be more like you!! I'm excited for you and Manty, and his new adventure!! How exciting!! See you tomorrow night!!

Xochi said...

I miss taking the morning walks with you and the gang. I think I might be able to go walking next week while Matt is at home with Madison. It will be good to get out of the house.

princess jen said...

Can I come to zumba too? I've been wanting to try it for a while now and haven't gotten around to it. I also miss jazzercise like crazy. Alaska hasn't been conducive to working out. I love the random posts :) Hope you continue to have a good week! And a big congrats to Manuel. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

Preston & Courtney Dial said...

Hey, Yeah for finishing school!!I totally feel the going back to work thing. I am looking for a job, it makes me cry. I just want to be a mommy. Supporting my sweetheart as he finishes school is a good idea to though...

Megane said...

congrats on graduating soon!! way to go, I don't think I could do that with kids, more power to you!! I hope all works out with the new life changes.
we will be out there the beginning week of july and would love to see all of you, I will get in touch when the time gets closer