Today was Sam's first day of preschool! I think I was more nervous than he was. He was not happy about waking up and getting ready to get out the door though. Sam likes to take it easy in the morning. I'm sure we'll both get the hang of it after a while.
Of course I had to snap some pictures! I love that his backpack is half his size. He seriously looks so adorable running around with it on.
At the front of his school! So excited!
Here we are in his classroom. He HATES having to wear his name... bib. I know that they need them for quick identification, and it helps when parents are there or when people from the district come, but really? So dorky. Funny and necessary, but totally dorky.
Sadly, I got a phonecall from the preschool. I was scared to death when I saw the number on my caller ID, but it was one of the teachers calling to tell me that Sam was having a rough time and needed to talk to his mommy. When Sam got on the phone, he started crying and told me I needed to come pick him up right then. I told him that I was so proud of him for being a big boy and that I would come pick him up as soon as school was over, and he needed to go play and have fun with his new friends. He seemed to calm down a little, but it broke my heart. I fought the urge to drive over to the school and pick him up right then. He's still at school, so hopefully things were easier for him.
Poor little guy.
Growing up is hard.
4 comments:
heart=broken!!! But I love all the cute pictures :)
That is so sad...I'm much more nervous after reading this. lol
Love the backpack, and yes, the bib is a bit dorky! I hope he went back after the Mommysurance call & had a GREAT rest of his 1st Day of Preschool!!! I want a full report... :)
Cute pictures! I can't believe it, you both survived! And Sam only had to call you once! At least he didn't cry the whole time, I know that things will get easier for him everyday. Yay for preschool!
Post a Comment