There's a good chance I could get into a WORLD of trouble for posting this, but I can't keep quiet any longer. Someone very close to me is continuously being hurt and I can't take it anymore. For privacy purposes, and the fact that I may be killed (not literally "killed" for the record) for even saying anything, I will not be giving details. So if this seems a little vague it's meant to be. Anyway, let me continue with the very vague background.
I love this person dearly. She is A-Ma-Zing. She is incredibly talented, incredibly caring (although she may act like she doesn't, I know she does) and would seriously do anything for anyone. I can't even describe some of the things she has done for people... all I can say is that it's much more than I could handle- or stomach for that matter. Honestly, I feel like people should feel lucky to know her. She has been through SO much. It has made her a very strong person that won't put up with people's crap. How is that a bad thing? In this world, you have to stand up for yourself and others around you. Too many people take advantage.
What I don't understand is why this amazing person is treated the way she is by those around her. The other day I was with her and witnessed an entire row of women from her ward ignore her. They looked at her and said NOTHING. She has come home from church numerous times in tears because of the way she is treated. We all know that it's the Church that's true, not it's members, but how in the world can you have a spiritual experience to strengthen your testimony and bring you closer to your Heavenly Father if you feel like you are not welcome or wanted?
It breaks my heart to see someone I love SO dearly struggle and suffer with heartache and pain. The worst part is that it isn't just one or two people, it's A LOT of people. There are a select few that are very kind, and love this amazing woman because they KNOW just how amazing she is (and I love all of them, because they are just as amazing as she is). I just don't get it. These people are missing out on a lot. I seriously don't understand it, and I have cried and prayed over it numerous times. Shame.On.Them.
3 comments:
My heart breaks for situations like this - I've seen it too often! Shame on those women! I hope this women knows what an amazing friend you are to stand up for her!!
This is so sad, but happens so often. I have been in this kind of situation before and it really does hurt. I hope whomever you are speaking of does know that it is the church and not the members that matters. I tell myself every day I go to Church, that I am there to learn and not to socialize. I think when the members socialize too much, is when it leaves others out. And the cliches form. Thank you for your post. :)
If I'm catching your vibe right, I don't have answers for you but I love her too. So much. I can't say I haven't felt that way myself many many many times. I wish life were perfect for those that deserve it.
Post a Comment