Had your heart broken? I've been the heart breaker a few times... I was kind of a mean girl. :) I have been reflecting on the heart aching and breaking that comes with being a parent. It is SO hard to watch your children suffer- whether it be physical or emotional. It's new and makes previous "broken hearts" look ridiculous.
Wished time could stop for one second just so you could permanently lock things into memory? I seem to forget so often... my kids are getting big faster than I would like them to and it's hard to realize that they won't be small forever. I don't want to give up the silliness, the innocence, the hugs and kisses for Mommy- I know every stage brings more fun and exciting experiences, but I think everyone should have a toddler around. They're good for the soul.
Spent an entire day with someone and realized you weren't able to say anything? I hate that. I have friends that when we talk, our conversations run smoothly- we take turns talking and enjoy our time conversing. Then I know people that won't let me talk at all. I'm interrupted and ignored. It's SO rude! When that happens, it's like the person is screaming, "What I have to say is much more important than what you have to say, so please shut up and listen to me talk about myself." Awesome, right? I try really hard not to be that person. It's frustrating and so disrespectful. I was exhausted after spending an entire day with a person like that. It made me appreciate the people that actually listen to me even more than I already do. So... thanks. :)
Wished you could be more than you are? I hate that game. It eats me up on a daily basis. I think it's partially due to the fact that I have some amazing people around me that I feel I can never live up to. So on one hand it's a good thing that I'm surrounded by amazing people, on the other, it's not-so-good for me because it reminds me of all my shortcomings and makes me feel bad. *sigh*
Checked my blog hoping for a San Diego post with some super cool pictures? Ha ha! Sorry dear reader, it hasn't happened yet. I think if I could somehow find a good hour of my time I may be able to accomplish that. If anyone can find that hour for me, I would appreciate it. I lost it a while ago and can't seem to find where it has gone or where I can find a new one. I have numerous emails that are waiting for responses, loads of fabric and ribbon waiting for me to transform them into something beautiful, orders to fill, purses to sell, a Trunk-or-Treat to organize, costumes to find... need I go on? Oh how I wish life wasn't so crazy. (double *sigh*)
2 comments:
I hope I am not that friend that just talks and talks and talks, and you are secretly thinking SHUT UP!! LOL
And I have been checking your blog to see some San Diego pics. :) Wish I could give you that hour, but I dont even have one to spare. Hang in there kiddo. Life is crazy! I am beginning to realize this myself. Its too full of neverending possiblities that fill up that time.
And dont ever feel like you have to live up to someone else. You are amazing because you do what you do, not what others around you do. Love ya!
I seriously have a complex from people cutting me off while I am talking. They don't just do it once a conversation but numerous times. Cut me off enough & I shut down. Makes me feel insignificant & I don't want to be around those people anymore. Had an overbearing friend that thought she was the only one that mattered so she would do all the talking but when I needed to she wasn't available. Did you notice the key word there? "HAD"
Thank you for your toddlers! They help keep me young! Love their silliness & their crazy antics!
As far as wishing you were more.. we all feel that way & judge ourselves against others but we don't know what is really going on with the person that "has it all together". For brief public appearances we all can seem as though everything is fine.
Hang in there Toots! You are one AWESOME Chicky Babe!!
Post a Comment