Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hangin' At the Hotel

We stayed at the Hilton Gaslamp Inn while we were in San Diego.  Although we weren't in the most kid friendly area of San Diego, we loved staying at the Hilton.  The room was clean and beautiful (I really love that they are now doing down comforters instead of yucky bedspreads) and although the first thing we noticed was 2 pairs of ear plugs we didn't have to use them once.  Excellent staff and I loved the valet parking.  I didn't love the $35 a day for valet parking, but it was nice to know that our van was somewhere safe and we didn't have to fight the kids in a busy parking lot.  All we had to do was make a phone call, walk outside and the van was there. Sweet!
I went exploring with the boys while Manuel was at convention, but we would come back and relax for a while before going on more adventures. I also tried working on some bows since I have many boutiques coming up, but I wasn't as successful as I should have been.  Probably because we were having too much fun doing other things. :)
 Silly Boys
There was a grassy area right in front of the hotel where people could bring their dogs to run around and do their business.  The dogs were so friendly!  One boxer kept attacking Sam and Mateo by relentlessly licking their faces.  I would have to pick them up to get the dog to stop- it was funny but got tiring after the 4th or 5th time. :)  I am so glad my kids love dogs! The boys thought this little Bulldog was hilarious.  They had never seen one in person before.  Now Sam says our next dog will be a Bulldog.  We'll have to see. ;) 

I love going on vacation and staying in hotels, but being home is the best place to be!  Hilton never ceases to impress me with their awesome hotels and they make it a little easier to be away from home.

No comments: