Our best weekend ever, started with a quick trip to Lagoon. Poor Sam is not the adventurous type, but we thought he would be okay with all of the kiddie rides. We were wrong, as you can probably see in the picture below.
You probably can't see it very well, but he had this look on his face through the entire ride! I felt bad, and we tried to just let him pick the rides and not press the issue. We just hope he grows out of it eventually. :)Cute little Ben spent a lot of time in the stroller because majority of the rides were not for him. It made me wish we were at Disneyland all over again! They have a lot more rides for everyone!
Sam and Mateo LOVED the bumper cars! It was so fun to see them drive around and bump into things. Even though they were the only kids on the ride, they still had a blast.
Love this picture. So much.
Sam's favorite ride: the boats. I figured he would like them because there were no "downs" as he said. He actually had to ride the boats twice!I'm pretty sure Mateo thought the boats were boring because he would throw his weight around to make the boat move, and kept getting yelled at by the girl running the ride every time he would put his hand in the water. He asked me to go on the "pirate ride" (the Tidal Wave) and as we were on it, the higher we'd go, the more he slumped over and tried to curl up by me. He yelled something a couple times, but I couldn't understand him until we got off when he said, "I hate pirates!" Poor Tato!
Sadly, I didn't get a lot of pictures at Lagoon. We were headed to a camping trip right after that, and I realized my battery was almost dead, and my SD card was full. So frustrating!
Right before we were about to leave Lagoon, Ben decided to have a nice little blow out. Of course all of his extra clothes were in the van, so we had to strip him down while we were still there. I was so embarrassed! I'm sure we looked ghetto-tastic. Whatev. :)
After Lagoon, we headed up into the mountains for a camping trip with my family. Manuel HATES camping, so getting him to go was quite the ordeal. It was all his decision though, because I told him we would be going with or without him. Luckily he made the right decision, and didn't even complain.
This pic is Ben with Uncle Todd! It was so fun to be there with my parents and my siblings (minus Jesse :/ ) and siblings-in-law.
Sam and Mateo were so excited to use their fishing poles. We were by a pond, and a few people thought there were fish in there, but they quickly learned there wasn't much going on. I really love this picture of Mateo and my brother. They love Uncle Michael! (When he isn't teasing them!)
Goin' fishin'
(In the pond with no fish...)
The dogs were all caked in mud right after we got there. A few of them fell into the pond, but they all had so much fun running around! All of the dogs got along really well. Cash even let Mateo hold him, which is huge! I love this pic of Mateo and Aunt Laura :)
I love this one too.
Grandma and Boo-Boo
Sam was DYING for s'mores! My sister brought all of the stuff to make them. When we were younger, our traditional s'mores were made with chocolate covered graham crackers, so that's what she brought with her. Sam was a little freaked out, but quickly got on board because they are delicious!The group! I realized I don't have any pictures of me, but that's ok:) This was taken not too long before it got dark and everyone went to bed. I hardly slept at all. In fact, I was wide awake for majority of the night. I kept checking the boys to make sure they were warm and still had their hats on. At one point, Sam woke up because he was TOO warm, and Mateo woke up screaming, "Mine eyes are told! (cold) At some point in the early morning, I snuggled Ben and fell asleep for a couple hours. No sleep is the worst part of camping!
I think this picture of Jack swimming is so cool! He kept jumping in and swimming around. He's such a crazy dog. At one point, we were at Washington Lake, and my dad and Manuel had taken the boys out in the boat. Jack jumped in and swam all the way to them, but was so tired he could barely get into the boat. Manuel had to pull him in, and he stayed with them in the boat.
Odie was so happy to be in the mountains! The poor dog doesn't get to go places with us very often. I'm pretty sure he was smiling the whole time we were there.
Grandpa and Ben.
Happy birthday, Grandpa!
Daddy and Tato roasting hot dogs :)
Fishing.
Overall, it was such a great weekend! Manuel still hates camping, but I'm glad he went! He even admits he had fun, minus sleeping on a rock all night long. It was so fun to spend time with my family, just laughing and having fun. I hope we can do camping trips more often!
5 comments:
So fun! What a great time! Lagoon and camping!
Had BLAST & loved that everyone (well, almost everyone...*sigh*) could make it! The dogs & kids were so fun to watch. I will never forget Mateo's "special" tree & Sam's determination to catch a fish! ;)
So fun!!! We still need to sneak a camping trip in before it gets too chilly!
What a great trip! We all (including the pups) had an absolute blast! And I LOVE that picture with Michael and the boys! So freaking cute!
Post a Comment