Monday, July 2, 2012

June

 Where in the world did June go? Even though Sam was still in school, we made sure to get some early summer fun in. This post is dedicated to all of the things we did in June. Well, not all, but a lot. :)
First, we had to say goodbye to some of our besties. We tried to squeeze in as many playdates as we could, because we love them dearly. My dearest friend, Megan, and her cute family are moving to San Francisco. Luckily, they have a lot of family here, so they'll be back for plenty of visits, but it doesn't keep my heart from hurting. I cried like a baby after our last get together. I can't imagine life without them nearby! We would get together almost weekly, and our kids adore each other. I am so grateful for phone calls, text messaging, emails, blogger, and facebook. Hopefully it will make it seem like they aren't so far away.
I need to try to tweak this picture in Photoshop because I love it. The look on Little Miss Ava's face is priceless. We sure love those cute little girls!
BFF's :)
Second, we headed to Burley, Idaho for my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. We lived in Burley for about 3 years, and I have some fond memories of the town. We drove past our old houses (I really wanted to take pics, but didn't want to look like a stalker) and I also drove to my old elementary school, Southwest. It was 1-4 grade, and I attended 1st-3rd before we moved to Utah. It's such a cool, old school. I just wish I had better photography skills. :)

We went to visit my Uncle Jeremy & Aunt Rachel. They live out in the country and have horses and sheep. It was so fun! Uncle Jeremy let us go for a ride on Paul. I love horses! Sam was too scared at first, but Mateo wasn't!

Sam wouldn't sit on Paul, but he decided he could stand next to him. 
Even Ben sat on Paul! No ride for him, though :)
The boys wanted to pet the sheep, so my cousin Bridjet had to tackle one.
It was pretty entertaining.
While we were resting in the shade, Sam decided he wanted to sit on a horse.
silly kid
Sam with Great Grandma & Grandpa B
Dancing with Bridjet
This is how Manuel kept himself entertained. 
Thanks to rude extended family members,
the party was extremely uncomfortable.
Ugh.
Sam and Brittney :)
Grandpa & sleepy Ben
My grandparents
Dancing!
I love this pic :)

Sam's teacher asked me to coordinate a carnival for their class on the last day of school. Because I'm my mother's daughter, I had to go all out. :) This meant cotton candy, snow cones, hot dogs, and tons of prizes.
The kids had a blast! I, however, was completely ticked off because the cotton candy machine I had rented didn't work at all. I called the lady 2 different times, and by the time she returned my call it was too late. I was so upset.
Luckily, the kids didn't seem to mind or I would have been livid. 
Sam's class :)
All of the moms & Mrs R
Sam and two of his buddies:) 


So glad summer is FINALLY here! Hopefully we'll have some awesome things to blog about. :) Peace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mateo looks like he is freezing while eating that snow cone! Cute pics! I love the ones with the kids on the horses!

S said...

Any time spent with family and friends is a fun time in my book. So it sounds like June was a total blast! And congrats to your grandparents on 50 years!

LadySVR said...

:) LOVE THE PICS! But, I always do! Kindergarten ended on such a high note - you did such an amazing job. Love your grandmothers gown - too cute!

Megan said...

I thought for sure I had already left a comment, but apparently that was all in my head. yikes! anyways, you got some great shots of the kids together and the first half of this post made me weepy. not that it's hard these days, but you know. I love the boys on the horses - little Ben just melts my heart constantly. how do you stand that little grin?! heart breaker. love you always!